3Dr Support, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

image.jpeg
In your last picture, it's hard to tell, could you double check your compass plug is full seated into the connector. It's the one showing the white, green and black wires...in the picture.
These are pictures after the fact, but I did as Support suggested and un-plugged and re-plugged all suspected connections.

Reactions: RichWest
View attachment 3206 View attachment 3207 View attachment 3208
The little bits of dark grey just on the inside of the housing is the epoxy. The dirt and bits of sand come out quite easy. The pictures are of dirt. Not epoxy.

Air,

This whole story stinks! It's absolutely horrible that you received a refurbished bird as a replacement for a brand new one in the first place. That's not a refurbished bird, it's a piece of junk. I hope they straighten this one out quickly. Entirely unacceptable, no matter what.

Jerry

Air,

This whole story stinks! It's absolutely horrible that you received a refurbished bird as a replacement for a brand new one in the first place. That's not a refurbished bird, it's a piece of junk. I hope they straighten this one out quickly. Entirely unacceptable, no matter what.

Jerry
There was defiantly an odour. I was just holding onto faith that 3DR would set things straight.

Thank you for seeing it as it is.

Yea i surely hope it was just someone grabbed the wrong box cause it doesn't take a trained eye to see these issues. Kinda scary that the tamper proof label was replaced though, but ya never know as hard as some have tried to derail solo who knows could be a disgruntled employee. Any way it goes it's unacceptable and you should contact Vu as mentioned. I'm sure hel get things straightened out, he's been pretty good to folks here that had issues service wasn't doing well with.

Yea i surely hope it was just someone grabbed the wrong box cause it doesn't take a trained eye to see these issues. Kinda scary that the tamper proof label was replaced though, but ya never know as hard as some have tried to derail solo who knows could be a disgruntled employee. Any way it goes it's unacceptable and you should contact Vu as mentioned. I'm sure hel get things straightened out, he's been pretty good to folks here that had issues service wasn't doing well with.
I have reached out to Vu and asked him to review this thread.

Thank you

Dropped off the "Refurbished" Solo at FedEx. It's in the hands of 3DR now
<crossing fingers>
I will keep everyone posted on what happens next.

Thank you

I don't like this ride! Please let me off!

So the "Refurbished" Solo is sitting back at the origin depot. Apparently 3DR Robotics did not supply the FCC form. I had informed 3DR about this last time, as previously mentioned in this thread. So I contacted FedEx and asked them to contact 3DR for the proper form and information about their FCC account!
Well my RMA number is good for 30 days. I sure hope they can resolve this befor then.
Am I just the only one who this is happening too?

What the Heck am I doing wrong!

What the Heck am I doing wrong!

Air,

I just unliked that last one. I assumed all was good. Did you hear back from Vu or anyone else down there. You may want to reach out to @Ian [P13] as well, he seems to have a little clout with some of the 3dr guys. I really feel horrible about your situation and I hope it gets resolved in a positive manner quickly.

Jerry

Air,

I just unliked that last one. I assumed all was good. Did you hear back from Vu or anyone else down there. You may want to reach out to @Ian [P13] as well, he seems to have a little clout with some of the 3dr guys. I really feel horrible about your situation and I hope it gets resolved in a positive manner quickly.

Jerry
Yes it's that little line in there that says " improper or missing paperwork, contact Customer Service"

No word from Vu, but I will try @Ian

image.jpeg image.jpeg Dear 3DR Robotics Support Team,

FedEx has sent me these forms pictured here to fill out. These are the forms that were missing the last time! I guessed on half of the information on this form the last time. Why you don't include this information in the commercial forms you send me is beyond me!
This is your account. Are all Canadians or other UAV pilots from other countries having to go through this same process to return defective equipment?
Is it assumed that your customers must know your FCC ID, or know the Harmonized Tariff Number?

So if I mistakenly fill this out wrong, am I the one going to jail for up to 5 years or pay up to $250,000 in fines!

I'm getting sick, someone please stop this ride!

Contacted Support via chat again. As I was chatting to Support, FedEx called me and asked where the paperwork was and if I had received it yet.
I have sent Support the forms and have been told that they (3DR) will take care of the request.
I also asked them to review this thread. The person from 3DR said that they would.

I guess time will bring an end to this story. I am just not certain as to what that end will be.

I will give support this much... They don't say "no" very much, and if they do they have corrected themselves. They are defiantly a presence here. If anything, moral support. They are also optimistic and apologetic.

I just have to have faith I guess.

I'm more curious than disappointed at this point I think.

just remember all organizations, clubs, etc etc are made of humans.
They make mistakes, Hopefully this was just a comedy of errors and they will get you sorted out. that has been their track record

Update on the shipping.

According to FedEx, delivery to San Diego CA, will be Tue. 05/03/2016 at 4:30pm

Delivered by Canadian geese.

Just got the confirmation that the "Refurbished" Solo has arrived in the hands of 3DR.

8 days....not bad for air, eh?
Think in the future 3DR should just drone deliver its own product.

Reactions: Solo Keith
cid:F8F3EB39-9A1F-4E6C-8AD2-832C13463113

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44