Reaction score
This space is dedicated for anyone who wishes to share & watch Solo videos that teach people more about the Solo 3DR Drone :)

About Xavier:
I am a Instructor/ Teacher by profession. I love my family & Flying Drones. So I make Drone & Tech videos, vlog style with my family.
3DR Solo is one of my favorite drones because of it's ability to take upgrades and modifications. Thus why i am creating this post. Happy Posting :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mudbeast66
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am new.... but is there a setting on the solo that has a max altitude....?
maybe the failsafe triggers and sends home?

Just a thought.

Just a thought.

Hi from Australia. Thanks for the video. Just a thought with your issue - 400feet or 120m and above can be restricted airspace under our Civil Aviation guidelines and as such their are some programs that recognise this and will not enable UAVs to fly within this airspace. We also have restrictions of not being able to fly within 30m of people, infrastructure, boats and vehicles. May be related to your issue. Maybe...

Just a thought.
pot on.......it's called the FAA restrictions :(
Happens when i go anything over 400'

You can adjust the max altitude. Easiest way is to adjust it in the 3DR Solo app, make sure it is saved and then switch to Tower. You could switch the max altitude in Tower directly, but you would need to know the Parameter name (probably not hard to figure out).
The max altitude you are supposed to fly in the US is 400' AGL. The aircraft is only really measuring its altitude above the take off point, so if you fly towards rising terrain, you should set it higher than 400' (unlimited).

You can adjust the max altitude. Easiest way is to adjust it in the 3DR Solo app, make sure it is saved and then switch to Tower. You could switch the max altitude in Tower directly, but you would need to know the Parameter name (probably not hard to figure out).
The max altitude you are supposed to fly in the US is 400' AGL. The aircraft is only really measuring its altitude above the take off point, so if you fly towards rising terrain, you should set it higher than 400' (unlimited).
Good to know.....thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo