3DR responsible for goods arriving?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I ordered some spare batteries from 3DR a few months ago but never received the package. 3DR has asked me to contact FedEx directly to get this resolved. Their support told me: "Unfortunately, once it leaves the 3DR warehouse it becomes the responsibility of FedEx."

Is this right? I thought it was the sellers responsibility to get the goods delivered.

Thanks
Bjorn

That's correct. Shippers are a separate and neither can be responsible for the other's actions. Suppose someone in FedEx needed batteries and decided to 'lose' yours. Should 3DR pay to replace them? You need to take the tracking # and contact FedEx to file a claim. Have you tracked it online? That will tell you it's last location.

This happened to me on the free battery last year. I tracked it and said it was delivered, if was, but to the wrong address less than two miles away. Long story, since UPS lost the battery they ended up reimbursing 3DR but I never received the free battery. 3DR said there was no way to track this transaction and so I never ended up getting it. I know this doesn't help but, it should put things in perspective on the process.

Last edited:
This happened to me on the free battery last year. I tracked it and said it was delivered, if was, but to the wrong address less than two miles away. Long story, since UPS lost the battery they ended up reimbursing 3DR but I never received the free battery. 3DR said there was no way to track this transaction and so I never ended up getting it. I know this doesn't help but, it should put things in perspective on the process.
Whoa. Now that's a run around. Sorry to hear you're going through that & hope 3DR makes up to you more than just what you've paid for due to their lack of due diligence

I'd probably contact my credit card company and file a claim for a complete refund because you didn't received what you ordered and paid for and then wait for another sale ........................... like the one I missed yesterday :-(

Reactions: Maddog
I ordered something from Amazon some time ago, not Solo related. It was shipped via a company called Ontrac. Their records showed it was delivered but I never got it. I had video from my surveillance system to prove Ontrac never came to my house.

I tried contacting Ontrac but they never answer their phone and an email came back with the same lame response that "it was delivered".

I contacted Amazon and they were great to work with. They sent out a replacement (UPS this time) and I suppose they dealt with Ontrac.

Although 3DR wasn't responsible for the lost shipment, they could have stepped up to the plate and done the same for Bjorn, provided he contacted them right away.

That's correct. Shippers are a separate and neither can be responsible for the other's actions. Suppose someone in FedEx needed batteries and decided to 'lose' yours. Should 3DR pay to replace them? You need to take the tracking # and contact FedEx to file a claim. Have you tracked it online? That will tell you it's last location.

Technically the shipper has to file the claim.
3DR should have helped out with filing said claim at minimum

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo