3DR Customer Service Review

Rate your Solo 3DR customer service experiences

• Total voters
If it's happening at 25% speed and the windspeed is sub 20MPH then I'm guessing you've got a problem. I'd personally remove the battery bay to make sure the install really is correct (i.e. the pan motor can't touch the main board). I'd also chase up support.
Yes, it sometimes happens when just hovering in no wind. Checked & double-checked all cables etc. Answered all of 3DR's questions. I guess you're right: I'll contact them again since they've not replied in over a week.

You didn't do anything like put the HDMI wire behind the post like in some install videos did you? That will definitely cause limp gimbal now and then.

My only experience with 3DR was back in June when I pre ordered a Solo...I really had high hopes...after weeks of delays, including several phone conversations with someone named Mario who assured over and over again that my Solo was in route, I cancelled my order and purchased a Yuneec Q4k and have never looked back. It has performed astounding, now with over 175 flights, both my Phantoms are on the shelf collecting dust.

Reactions: seansolo
In short, they are atrocious and you should never believe a word they say. I contacted them to make them aware of the fact that I needed to repair the unit (under warranty), this was done with 24 days left before I was to go to Guatemala, and ideally it would be shipped back to me before then. They were to send me an e-mail to start the process but failed to do so. As such I had to call them back that same day to get them going. They advised me they needed the serial number of the drone and controller. I gave them what I knew was the serial number of the drone and all 3 numbers listed on the outside of the controller as it wasn't clear which was the serial number. I was e-mailed back the following day and asked for the serial number of the controller with no explanation as to where I could find it. I then found it was behind the battery (INSIDE THE CONTROLLER). This wasted a day but whatever. Once I got the shipping label and sent it, it was stuck at the boarder for 5 days (sent from Canada) because FEDEX forgot to scan it properly, admittedly not 3DR's fault. Once 3DR got it they told me it would be shipped back within the week. When I called on Friday to find out if/when it had or would be sent they advised me that it was supposed to ship that Wednesday but had been delayed for no reason. Then they told me a supervisor would call me back later that day to see if it could be shipped out in the afternoon to avoid having to wait over the weekend. Of course there was no call, so I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor. Again I was told someone would call me back shortly. No call back of course, so I call the next day but now it's Saturday and we'll have to wait until Monday. However I'm assured it will go out Monday. I call back this morning (Today's the Monday in question) and am told it will go out today at 3:00pm. Check in at 3:30pm and am placed on hold while customer service rep calls their shipping department. Stay on hold for 30min until the line is cut off. Call back and ask to speak with supervisor and am told I'll wait 2min at the most, 10min later I'm told a supervisor will call me back. I refuse and demand to know if the item has been shipped and if not, why. After another 5min on hold a supervisor answers and tells me it will be shipped tomorrow. When I press and demand to know why it's not going today he claims that nothing shipped today and he can't tell me as it's an internal issue. I press harder but he outright refuses to explain a thing. Now I have a promise it will arrive 2 days before I depart, somehow I don't believe it.
I had the worst experience they always made promises and never followed through. they just ignore me some how i ended up with a refurbished solo and gumball. I think it makes customer service offensive when they are always nice but never follow through. I was sold solo by a best buy salesman who made me believe the gumball was in the box not 4 months away. it is almost able to do what i was told it could do months ago. That is when the gimbal decides to not randomly flop to the side. I never wanted to be a part of there learning process and end up with refurbished equipment because of it. i have never been more disappointing in a product or customer service in my life they repeatedly told me one thing and did another. they would send me the conversations so i could listen to there lies. this forum is my customer support technical support. i don't think they lie on purpose just no one cares to back the promises.

My only experience with 3DR was back in June when I pre ordered a Solo...I really had high hopes...after weeks of delays, including several phone conversations with someone named Mario who assured over and over again that my Solo was in route, I cancelled my order and purchased a Yuneec Q4k and have never looked back. It has performed astounding, now with over 175 flights, both my Phantoms are on the shelf collecting dust.
i iwsh i could have done that. how is the speed on the yunec i hear it is too slow for some follow me applications

Although I have flown it at all speed settings (to learn how to use it), I've been keeping it at "Slow" (25%) lately because I use it for photography, not sport flying, but the "limp gimbal" problem happens randomly, regardless of that setting. I did the "standard gimbal install" the day after buying the Solo, almost a month ago now. Worked perfectly until the gimbal started going limp about two weeks ago.
I get the same problem

Well for what its worth, my customer service experience with 3DR has always been really great. One time I posted on a different forum (this site didn't exist) to get help interpreting some logs on an Iris that I crashed. Someone at 3DR noticed and they actually sent me an email offering to help. That kind of blew me away. Proactive customer support. (turned out I had made a mistake setting a geo fence param)

That was in the "old days" before the Solo came out. I suppose the company is too big with too many customers to do that sort of thing now, but I've always had a good experience calling or emailing 3DR for help - even post Solo.

Well for what its worth, my customer service experience with 3DR has always been really great. One time I posted on a different forum (this site didn't exist) to get help interpreting some logs on an Iris that I crashed. Someone at 3DR noticed and they actually sent me an email offering to help. That kind of blew me away. Proactive customer support. (turned out I had made a mistake setting a geo fence param)

That was in the "old days" before the Solo came out. I suppose the company is too big with too many customers to do that sort of thing now, but I've always had a good experience calling or emailing 3DR for help - even post Solo.
they are always super nice and make lots of promises. then they dont follow through

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle