3DD Customer Service is...BAD

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago my controller stopped broadcasting. Being the a technocrat a professional IT person I had no provlem scouring the web and trying to find a solution. I did this but to no positive resolution. Finally, I I sent 3DR customer service an email outline the trouble, the steps I'd taken, the purchase receipt (since the unit is still under warranty) and photographs including ink serial numbers. I did the email thing because I couldn't make contact on the telephone or online chat.

After exactly a week of no response I get a canned response from from a tech, Gio, asking questions that I w had enough for thought to answer in my initial email. While irritated by the sheer dumbness I answered the questions. A few days go by before there's a response and this time he's asking me for the photos and serial numbers as if that was not included in the first email. More irritated I complied.

Bio responds and says that it seems that there is a failure with th controller but he noticed that there was damage to my Solo and to provide him with an explainantion of how the damage occurred. I'm now livid. I've only flown my Solo a few times. There is no damage. I believe what he notices was some glare from the flash bounicing off the shine surface. Needless to say my response was not kind.

Another few days go by and I get an email from them saying, "Your case is under review. Expect a response within two business days".

C'mon, 3DR. This is bullshyt. 3 weeks and I'm no closer now than I was when I started. It's the holiday weekend I would've loved to take my drone out on Lake Michigan and flown but...

While I like the Solo I'd never recommend a 3DR product because of their backasswards customer service.

I'm so pissed but now that I've vented I feel a lil better.

what do you mean...it stopped broadcasting........Does the controller power on ???

Explain your situation in greater detail so the community here can possibly help .....

Don't be too harsh on the technician that handled your call. It's possible that the information you provided did not make it to the call by the time he got it! Most large support teams work on unix / text only back ends where pictures and documentation from initial customer contact may have been discarded. Don't ask me how I know that!

Good luck with the repair and hope they fix it soon or replace your controller.

Don't be too harsh on the technician that handled your call. It's possible that the information you provided did not make it to the call by the time he got it! Most large support teams work on unix / text only back ends where pictures and documentation from initial customer contact may have been discarded. Don't ask me how I know that!

Good luck with the repair and hope they fix it soon or replace your controller.
I hear ya. I'm an IT Manager so I'm well familiar. All of that withstanding , it still is frustrating hat it takes this long for this much to NOT happen.

what do you mean...it stopped broadcasting........Does the controller power on ???

Explain your situation in greater detail so the community here can possibly help .....

Hmmmm. I believe I was clear in my post in stating that vases on the details I provided that it was acknowledged asa hardware failure. My complaint isn't with the failure; I'm sure they will be resolved. It is with he latency, poor communication and just bad customer service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc