Reaction score
I called 3D Robotics today informing about when will Best Buy receive the 3DR Sight Gimbals and was informed that they should have them by the end of the week.

I also enquired about when would preorders and new orders placed on the 3D Robotics site be shipped; they informed me gimbals are being shipped in the following order:

week of Aug 30th-Sept 5th- April's Pre-orders

Sept 6th-12th- May Pre-orders
Sept 13th-19th- June Pre-orders
Sept 20th-26th- July Pre-orders
Sept 27th-3rd- Aug Pre-orders
Oct 4th-10th- Sept Pre-orders

and will continue until their all caught up. Looks like if your not electing the Best Buy option you could be waiting for a while guys!

Attachments

• Solo bottom side.jpg
    Solo bottom side.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 24
Uh oh they gave me a different answer on pre orders the other day. I'm hoping this rep was right but not holding my breath after seeing the other info they gave. A lot of those folks from April, and May maybe more already have them. Sounds like another guess at best from customer service.

Ha 3drs phones gonna be a ringin tomorrow, that'll be the new reason for delay everybody answering phones. Kidding but I'm still hoping for the best I got filters coming tomorrow a gimbal would make this weekend perfect.

cant be right, too many people with 3DR back orders have already gotten gimbals sorry this dont hold water

As someone else suggested in another post 3DR seems to be using a "magic 8 ball" to generate answers to shipping date questions.

And the problems just keep rolling in. To think about that poor SOB who wrote that thorough critique last month and got completely blasted for it, even personally attacked, he must be pretty self satisfied right about now.

And the problems just keep rolling in. To think about that poor SOB who wrote that thorough critique last month and got completely blasted for it, even personally attacked, he must be pretty self satisfied right about now.

Been in email contact with 3DR over the last few weeks. Been getting different information.
Sent an email yesterday and this is the reply..

I'm still waiting for an answer, but I did escalate your order to the person in charge of the China shipments. As soon as I do get an answer I will let you know, I am expecting your order to be in today batch, I'm so sorry for all the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Customer support supervisor
–––––

This was yesterday and the communication has go silent again. I have a email chain about 25+ replies and back and forth.

Sent another one this morning.

Any news yet? Silence........ Good news out of this is someone is in charge in China shipments. Maybe one person. Just need a name.

Radio silence. Anyone else notice you can't post comments on their web page? At least I couldn't.

I called 3D Robotics today informing about when will Best Buy receive the 3DR Sight Gimbals and was informed that they should have them by the end of the week.

I also enquired about when would preorders and new orders placed on the 3D Robotics site be shipped; they informed me gimbals are being shipped in the following order:

and will continue until their all caught up. Looks like if your not electing the Best Buy option you could be waiting for a while guys!
I wouldn't hold my breath. Seriously doubt that best buy will have gimbals this weekend.

That can't be correct. I ordered mine on August 12th and it just arrived today.

That can't be correct. I ordered mine on August 12th and it just arrived today.
There's no rhyme or reason to any of it now they literally seem to be choosing orders at random to ship so you Having that happen is luck. Some ordered months before yours and still have nothing. People who ordered after me have had them shipped but I've heard nothing.

Been watching BB website off and on all weekend - not the slightest hint the gimbal will magically appear. Anybody seen one in a BB anywhere?

From what I've seen it's still another week or so for BB. Sucks because I'm waiting on them too. If I didn't have a couple hundred in gift cards for BB I would have just ordered direct from 3DR since the turn around time has really picked up for those orders.

From what I've seen it's still another week or so for BB. Sucks because I'm waiting on them too. If I didn't have a couple hundred in gift cards for BB I would have just ordered direct from 3DR since the turn around time has really picked up for those orders.
Doing both currently and 3dr says best buys late this week as of last night through email, they're checking on my order from late August now. So more than likley I'm paying for two since they already charged me, yet best buy will still have them before I will.

Best Buy was a no show as of last week! Manager even checked warehouse inventory and not one gimbal in their possession, so info from 3DR agent was indeed inaccurate. Hopefully it shows up this week, but I won't hold my breath!

Reactions: prowler9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc