Where do you get your music?

Reaction score
I've been trying to find free or cheap royalty-free music but it's tough to find anything decent.

Royalty-free music isn't hard to find but it sure can get expensive. $20/ minute isn't uncommon.
Does anybody have a good source or artist to check out?

Royalty music? I really dont no where could you find such kind of music

I just find them on youtube. There's tons. "royalty free genre" where genre is the type you want to search for. Most require attribution (a text mention in your description, or credit at end of video) but no cost. There are thousands. All kinds.

Reactions: Maddog and nexxypoo
Youtube has thousands of songs to choose from. Just upload your vid, then edit it and add audio. So much choice.

Reactions: Maddog
Can you please explain to me why is it so expensive?
The reason it's expensive is because once you purchase one of these songs, you can use it without limitation as much as you want. And not just in YouTube videos. Most of these services are wide open. You can use the music in TV spots, movie trailers, video games, public displays, and the list goes on. Without limitation and without ongoing royalty payments to the recording studio.

Comercial music you hear on the radio is much much much more expensive to license, and it comes with many limitations.

So the truth is that these services are not expensive at all. They are extremely cheap. It's only expensive when compared to illegal use.

I like premium beat because the quality is pretty good, and most tracks come with a variety of loops you can mix and match, as well as different length versions (15, 30, 60 seconds, plus full length songs).

Last edited:
Reactions: nexxypoo and Maddog
I just find them on youtube. There's tons. "royalty free genre" where genre is the type you want to search for. Most require attribution (a text mention in your description, or credit at end of video) but no cost. There are thousands. All kinds.
I had no idea you could find music there- thanks!

The reason it's expensive is because once you purchase one of these songs, you can use it without limitation as much as you want. And not just in YouTube videos. Most of these services are wide open. You can use the music in TV spots, movie trailers, video games, public displays, and the list goes on. Without limitation and without ongoing royalty payments to the recording studio.

Comercial music you hear on the radio is much much much more expensive to license, and it comes with many limitations.

So the truth is that these services are not expensive at all. They are extremely cheap. It's only expensive when compared to illegal use.

I like premium beat because the quality is pretty good, and most tracks come with a variety of loops you can mix and match, as well as different length versions (15, 30, 60 seconds, plus full length songs).
I did not know. Thank you erikgraham for so nice explanation

I bit the bullet earlier this year and subscribed to Audioblocks. It cost me but it saves the hassle of looking like you are having to do. I might change to a different provider when the 12 months subscription ends but bear in mind I have done paid video work and for one job I costed it into the work. It's so convenient.... but I find after a while the choice is limiting. They don't seem to update very often, hence why I might change.

Reactions: Maddog
I bit the bullet earlier this year and subscribed to Audioblocks. It cost me but it saves the hassle of looking like you are having to do. I might change to a different provider when the 12 months subscription ends but bear in mind I have done paid video work and for one job I costed it into the work. It's so convenient.... but I find after a while the choice is limiting. They don't seem to update very often, hence why I might change.
I hadn't thought about subscribing but that's an option. Tha problem I have with most sights is finding something appropriate. In some cases, there is too much content to look through. One site had about 4000 songs to listen to!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl