Whats your max solo range to date?

3,800ft @ 325ft alt above farmland. I had plenty of signal and could have gone much further but I didn't have enough battery to get back. I even had to land in a random location and go pick up Solo.

How do you guys get so far and still make it back???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just purchased a Replacement Solo after taking a break from it for 8 months.

Second flight I got 2,543 feet on a stock setup. I departed my house and flew across a small park, them followed a bike path out to a clearing. Heavy Wifi use all over the neighborhood.

I ordered the 800mw Wifi cards and Alfa antennas. Was thinking of getting the FPVLR antenna also.

Anyone running the Mikrotik's R11e-2HnD cards and the FPVLR antenna?

I run the Mikrotik R11e-2HnD in the controller only with Alfa antennas. I get great results.

Haven't had a guts to open up solo to install the second card however so far I'm happy.

Last edited:
This mornings flight, not quite as far (13251.31 ft at 72 ft alt)
not bad for a stock unit
these are are by far the best drone for the money that i have come across Awesome Performer

Last edited:
5300 feet @ 400 feet high with alpha antennas still had 2 signal bars left. I think I get a better signal at night.

M
How did you make it back with 48% battery?
How did you make it back with 48% battery?

I think the battery lasts longer than gauge reads but I was a little concerned waiting for about five mins before contact on return and then watching the % drop with the closing distance had 5 left in the batt

6250 ft at 400ft altitude

I have installed long range wifi cards in both the Solo and controller and have a long range wifi antenna. I also primarily fly in rural areas and wilderness areas.

Reactions: Neil E
I didn't push to the end, but my stock with gimbal and hero 4 going made it out to 1980 meters, going pretty slow, I was replaying a 6 stage cable cam, and then I pushed it out into the red, but I was watching the battery and made it back with battery alarms so I'm glad I didn't push farther.

This was over water so relatively clear going. With a flash gained up controller antenna, I could go farther but I wonder if the battery is enough to make it worthwhile. I would like more penetration in less optimal circumstances.

Do you guys see that, or is it even more attenuated in trees etc?

Reactions: Neil E
4200' out and 385' up. This was in rugged mountain conditions, I flew straight down a canyon, I still had 2 bars when the canyon started to veer right, I didn't want to keep going for fear of losing signal and having solo RTH straight into a mountain on the way back. I have the Mikrotik wifi card in the controller and two alpha directional antennas. Have not maxed out this set up yet.

I went out 10000ft with one stock and one Alfa antenna. That was over water, taking off from the edge of a small town.

I the city, it's a different story. I'll lose signal 500ft away sometimes, or 200ft overhead.

Last edited:
On the side of a volcano in El Salvador, 5200' out 300' altitude with one stock and one Alfa. Plenty of trees and such so I was pretty impressed.

I got mine to 1500' over the ocean the other day and lost the controller so flew it back manually

yesterday i got 6300ft @ 300ft on a completely stock setup. I was flying between islands in the keys Little to no interference

Attachments

• bahiahonda.png
    bahiahonda.png
    600.7 KB · Views: 29

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig