What other gear should I have in my SOLO travel bag?

Wow lol. I'm referring to the imbeciles commenting on that forum in addition to the act itself. Well most of them, anyway. Couldn't stomach reading past page 1. I guess not all gun owners are aware of the laws they are supposed to be following, or don't care.

Reactions: SARDG
Wow lol. I'm referring to the imbeciles commenting on that forum in addition to the act itself. Well most of them, anyway. Couldn't stomach reading past page 1. I guess not all gun owners are aware of the laws they are supposed to be following, or don't care.
I've got to agree with you, most of those folks seem detached from the reality. I didn't even get through page 1. I must be one of the few cross-trained shooters/pilots in the US. (Well, I still use the word pilot loosely for me...) :confused:

I mostly use a LowePro soft bag, but they are not that conducive to rugged travel.

View attachment 4099
Left flap of bag:
Phillips #0
Oiler for bearings
GoPro Wrench below oiler
Needle nose pliers below wrench
Tweezers - curved and straight
Phillips #1
Cable ties
2 Props in original box in outer zippered compartment

Top compartment:
2 Solo batteries
Compressed air
USB portable charger power bank
Dual GP3 battery charger
Dual GP4 Battery charger
AC USB power packs for above
12V vehicle power plugs for above
4 extra GP3 bats
4 extra GP4 bats
OTG to Micro SD Adapter for GoPro file copy to tablet
Filters

Right flap:
Phillips #2
Slotted screwdriver - tiny
Slotted screwdriver - small
HDMI adapter
Paper clip (resetting)
Loctite Blue
Diagonal cutters
Flat crescent wrench for motors (getting an IMP Concepts to replace this)
2 Props in original box in outer zippered compartment

Immediately left of Solo:
GoPro Instruction Manuals
Long HDMI cable

Immediately right of Solo:
Bluetooth ear insert to listen to telemetry from device during flight.

Bottom compartment:
Controller
Tablet

No room for Marco Polo receiver, but I take it along

FL Greetings,
I am interested in the Bluetooth device to listen to flight telemetry. Please elaborate.
Thanks, Kim
Just a small, cheap rechargeable Bluetooth ear insert that I can listen to whatever audio is coming from the device – in the case of the Solo App, -> Settings -> Voice Alerts. In Tower, ->Settings -> General -> User Interface -> Speech Output -> Enable Speech Output.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X9VLLLE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Helps me hear (most of) what is going on and what would normally come out of the device speaker, without looking at the controller screen. Actually, during flight, the thing never shuts up.

Just a small, cheap rechargeable Bluetooth ear insert that I can listen to whatever audio is coming from the device – in the case of the Solo App, -> Settings -> Voice Alerts. In Tower, ->Settings -> General -> User Interface -> Speech Output -> Enable Speech Output.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X9VLLLE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Helps me hear (most of) what is going on and what would normally come out of the device speaker, without looking at the controller screen. Actually, during flight, the thing never shuts up.

ETA: Used to frequent the Space Coast for Coast Guard patrols on the Banana River of the Space Shuttle flights. Now I suppose, I'd get to watch Space-X rockets explode.

My dad watched a few Saturns melt down in the 50s when he was working on that program. Gotta fail to learn! He also worked on the minute man ICBM program and did one of the first test launches. I have the plaque with one of the 2 keys used. That was the first missile that you didn't have to spend a day refueling before you could launch as you couldn't leave the fuel in them. Not so good if you need it NOW. It was ready to go "in a minute".

My dad watched a few Saturns melt down in the 50s when he was working on that program. Gotta fail to learn! He also worked on the minute man ICBM program and did one of the first test launches. I have the plaque with one of the 2 keys used...
Gotta fail to learn. I'll remember that after my next Solo crash... If you haven't been, you may enjoy the Kennedy Space Center - my favorite "amusement park" in all of Florida.

I was the photographer aboard the secondary recovery ship for two Apollo missions that were running through most of my Navy enlistment. Finished up my involvement with the 'space race' decades later with several CG space shuttle patrols, including the final shuttle launch. Most of those were on that PWC (Jet Ski) in my avatar - except the night shots.

What was this thread about??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40