What other gear should I have in my SOLO travel bag?

Austrian and German here. Glock and Walther. Sometimes one of those makes it into my Solo bag too (keeping this on thread).:)

Austrian and German here. Glock and Walther. Sometimes one of those makes it into my Solo bag too (keeping this on thread).:)
I've been a fan of Beretta from the beginning... 84BB and it hasn't stopped.
Fly black plastic drones, shoot black plastic Glocks (competitively), carry black plastic Kahr PM-9 while flying black plastic drone.

I'll just leave this here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I need to get back out to the range, mine has been sitting to long.
Rich what you shooting I have a 9mm
Getting ready to buy the wife one

I need to get back out to the range, mine has been sitting to long.
Rich what you shooting I have a 9mm
Getting ready to buy the wife one
Not Rich, but I am an NRA Instructor for Pistols and Personal Protection in the Home (I wear lots of hats...). pyrate, I don't know how this purchase routine is expected to go down, but one thing we really recommend against is buying your wife or SO a gun and presenting it to her. She should be an active part of any gun purchase. I shoot Glocks in matches because they are exceedingly reliable - they just keep on ticking. BUT, I carry a tiny little 9mm Kahr because there is absolutely no room in women's fashions to carry anything larger at all. If she is going to carry, she should think of this. I carry a 9mm because the ballistics on anything smaller are abysmal. My LEO friends already laugh at my 9mm because they carry 40 cal and .45s. Also, if she is going to carry, I personally DO NOT recommend purse carry. Bad guys have a habit of snatching purses from the most determined of females. I'm trained, I'm tall, and a purse snatcher got mine once - of course, I chased him down in my high heels and caught him... The cop taking the report said 'that was really stupid...'. Probably... :eek:

If you go to a gun store, the jerk... uh, gentleman behind the counter will likely try to sell your wife a Lady Smith revolver. Ugh!! I've organized and run ladies' shooting groups and competitions and some ladies cannot even pull the trigger on those things. If they can, they can't get on target. Of course, using a semi-auto can be tough, as well. You must be able to safely and consistently pull and lock the slide back. I teach woman how to effectively do that, as well. If your wife isn't going to carry, a 9mm is a good all round gun for range fun for a female. If she is just getting into shooting, a .22 may be better at the range.

Looking for a way to keep this thread on topic, but I have hopelessly lost my way...

Reactions: Jubalr
Not Rich, but I am an NRA Instructor for Pistols and Personal Protection in the Home (I wear lots of hats...). pyrate, I don't know how this purchase routine is expected to go down, but one thing we really recommend against is buying your wife or SO a gun and presenting it to her. She should be an active part of any gun purchase. I shoot Glocks in matches because they are exceedingly reliable - they just keep on ticking. BUT, I carry a tiny little 9mm Kahr because there is absolutely no room in women's fashions to carry anything larger at all. If she is going to carry, she should think of this. I carry a 9mm because the ballistics on anything smaller are abysmal. My LEO friends already laugh at my 9mm because they carry 40 cal and .45s. Also, if she is going to carry, I personally DO NOT recommend purse carry. Bad guys have a habit of snatching purses from the most determined of females. I'm trained, I'm tall, and a purse snatcher got mine once - of course, I chased him down in my high heels and caught him... The cop taking the report said 'that was really stupid...'. Probably... :eek:

If you go to a gun store, the jerk... uh, gentleman behind the counter will likely try to sell your wife a Lady Smith revolver. Ugh!! I've organized and run ladies' shooting groups and competitions and some ladies cannot even pull the trigger on those things. If they can, they can't get on target. Of course, using a semi-auto can be tough, as well. You must be able to safely and consistently pull and lock the slide back. I teach woman how to effectively do that, as well. If your wife isn't going to carry, a 9mm is a good all round gun for range fun for a female. If she is just getting into shooting, a .22 may be better at the range.

Looking for a way to keep this thread on topic, but I have hopelessly lost my way...

Me and the wifey do everything together. (she is my diving buddy)
That is why we are buying her one of her own, my 9mm is not a good fit for her.
We will go in together and find one that suites her, including training on it.
I will most likely end up doing the maitnenance on it but yes she will be involved in the choice and we will both have concealed carry permits.

Me and the wifey do everything together. (she is my diving buddy)
That is why we are buying her one of her own, my 9mm is not a good fit for her.
...she will be involved in the choice and we will both have concealed carry permits.
Very :cool:.

Mon-Fri 6:30am to 5pm =Glock 36 .45 on the ankle
Rest of the time= Kahr CW380 in a fake cell phone case..:D

Mon-Fri 6:30am to 5pm =Glock 36 .45 on the ankle
Rest of the time= Kahr CW380 in a fake cell phone case..:D
A 36 was my first Glock. My po-po buddies would be proud of you. 380... not so much. A lot of folks never heard of Kahr.

A 36 was my first Glock. My po-po buddies would be proud of you. 380... not so much. A lot of folks never heard of Kahr.
The 380 is the best that will fit in the case, which is the only thing I have found that I like for CC since I don't like IWB and wear shorts when it's hot. As far as the .cal, .380hp is plenty in my opinion.
On duty, I'm plain clothes and the 36 is light and Sheriff wants us all on the same ammo anyway.

The 380 is the best that will fit in the case, which is the only thing I have found that I like for CC since I don't like IWB and wear shorts when it's hot. As far as the .cal, .380hp is plenty in my opinion.
On duty, I'm plain clothes and the 36 is light and Sheriff wants us all on the same ammo anyway.
I tried to carry the 36 for a year, but it was simply too fat for me with those 45s. I wondered why you carried a 36 from 630A-5P... I thought all the bad guys simply left town at 5P and didn't return until 630A. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig