Updated Solo Review - Is it Fixed?

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Most of the Solo reviews out there are all from the launch or focus on the Gimbal (or lack of) so I reviewed the Solo from the perspective of now being out for a while and had a few fixes and patches.
See below for what I found and whether you should press go if you have been sitting on the fence.

Most of the Solo reviews out there are all from the launch or focus on the Gimbal (or lack of) so I reviewed the Solo from the perspective of now being out for a while and had a few fixes and patches.
See below for what I found and whether you should press go if you have been sitting on the fence.
Your experience with Solo is the same as mine. I had a motor problem when I first bought it, and 3DR repaired it and turned around the unit inside two weeks. I have since purchased another unit, and have made it my go to camera platform.

One thing you might mention is Tower. Yes it is advanced, and obviously you couldn't go all through it in a general review, but it is free and so "part of the Solo deal" and adds incredible capability to the platform including mapping and structure scanning.

Tower along with Solo is the only platform in this class that allows for programmed missions that include gimbal control. This is a very powerful for those that are interested in filming, scanningand autonomous flight.

That said, it was a good general review. Nice job.

Just replaced my WiFi cable, re-routed it, so as minimal force on gimbal.
Tech. Support told me any Micro to Micro WiFi cable will work. they said it's 12" long. You can find a softer/thinner cable, it will work. "90 elbow optional" But i recommend it.
They sent me most all wiring harnesses, Pods x4, GPS x1, Gimbal Data x1 & HDMI cable.
No problems with Gimbal at all.
Love my Solo...

Let's hear it for 3DR Tech. Support!

Nice Video Toby

Hey Toby, how did you get yours shipped to NZ if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NZ too, and pretty keen to pick one up, but Harvey Norman are the local retailers who have jacked the price up double, and don't even have the gear yet! Thanks mate, great video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela