[UPDATE] Solo Ultra Thin Micro HDMI Flat Ribbon Cable (Version 3) now available.

Reaction score
Website
www.relish3d.com
1980194_459738217547174_7469290872995036847_o.jpg

We have started shipping out our latest iteration of our popular Micro HDMI replacement cables. Our latest V3 cable incorporates the following new features:

1. *STRAIGHT* Micro HDMI connectors - Unlike our earlier right-angled Micro HDMI connectors, these straight connectors has a smaller footprint and has a zero risk of contacting the bottom gimbal plate.

12240832_459738220880507_6029199345890483703_o.jpg

2. *HDMI CASING* for both ends of the connectors - This is to protect the fragile ribbon connectors when installing on the gimbal and HDMI board.

Version 3 retains the following earlier specs...
+ fully shielded ribbon cables
+ 10cm length ribbon cables

Version 3 is now available for order and shipment at www.bitly.com/solohdmi

Below is a test flight using our latest HDMI ribbon cable.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[Note: We had earlier announced our intention to develop a shorter 5cm ribbon (female-to-male) as a 'pigtail' extension to the OEM HDMI cable. Unfortunately, there was a miscalculation on our part as we realised that there is not enough space within the gimbal compartment to install this shorter cable. As such, we will not be offering this option. Our 10cm ribbon cable above is a replacement cable to the existing HDMI cable.]

Thanks Jee!

I have a set of the folding extenders I got about a month ago and they are holding up well. No problems at all and they are great for take-off/ landing in wet grass.

Hey, Maddog......How do the folding extenders fit in your case or backpack? Do you have to remove them to keep from rubbing a hole in the foam?

Thanks Jee!

I have a set of the folding extenders I got about a month ago and they are holding up well. No problems at all and they are great for take-off/ landing in wet grass.

Thanks! I do confess that we do get the occasional reported failures from our customers but for everyone of them, we have always shipped a replacement for free!

I have mine on *all the time*! Glad you like them!

Cheers!
David

Reactions: Maddog
Hey, Maddog......How do the folding extenders fit in your case or backpack? Do you have to remove them to keep from rubbing a hole in the foam?

Chuck, the Solo Extenders fits into the backpack and will not rub a hole in the foam as the edge that touches the foam is rounded.

You can get them here... bitly.com/soloext

Thanks jeeboont. Is it the same with the GP Solo case, which is what I currently use? I hope Santa is bringing me a backpack...:D

I leave them on in the folded position. I have the Solo backpack and have had no problems with them.

Thanks, Maddog. I can't seem to find the link that jeeboont sent. Can you please post the link you got yours at? Thanks a lot.....

Can you post some pics of how those big green ends fit inside there please.

Version 3 is now available for order and shipment at www.bitly.com/solohdmi

Jee,

Personally, I thought you were on the right path with version 1. Less is more in this case. I do not like having those bulky ends on anything. If I were you, I'd go back to making everything as minimal as possible. Not sure why you are on version 3 already. It's only been a month or two.

JMHO,

Jerry

Jee,

Personally, I thought you were on the right path with version 1. Less is more in this case. I do not like having those bulky ends on anything. If I were you, I'd go back to making everything as minimal as possible. Not sure why you are on version 3 already. It's only been a month or two.

JMHO,

Jerry
I agree with you Jerry...I don't like those big bulky ends like that...They look like added weight that's not necessary ..I don't know the reason why there so Bulky..but I think being that bulky defeats the purpose ..unless there something I'm missing?

Can you post some pics of how those big green ends fit inside there please.

Roland, I've just posted a tutorial video that shows you how it fits into the Solo. Check it out below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jee,

JMHO,

Jerry

Jerry, thanks for the feedback. I think you have some valid points there. As a result, I redesigned the connector casing where you can remove it if you do not wish to have that bulk. This new design is 30% smaller than the ones shown in pictures above.

As for it being version 3, I guess I wanted to improve it further based on feedback I got from the ground. I'm happy with the final results now and I think it is pretty much dialled in and I don't see any additional changes to the design. Thanks!

Reactions: marvin813 and J R
I agree with you Jerry...I don't like those big bulky ends like that...They look like added weight that's not necessary ..I don't know the reason why there so Bulky..but I think being that bulky defeats the purpose ..unless there something I'm missing?

Del, I've redesigned the end cap casing so that it can now be removed if you want to. It is now a clip-on-design. It is now 30% smaller and less bulkier. As for weight, it is close to zero as it is very light.

The reason why I added the case was to protect the ribbon cable-to-connector. I had 2 customers who damaged the end connectors when they tried to install. It is fragile... like all ribbon cables... hence adding a clip-protector at the end should help.

Thanks for the feedback!

David

@jeeboont - David - I watched your video earlier today, great job showing the steps and the other efforts to reduce vibration. Look forward to your continued efforts in offering solutions for Solo.

Del, I've redesigned the end cap casing so that it can now be removed if you want to. It is now a clip-on-design. It is now 30% smaller and less bulkier. As for weight, it is close to zero as it is very light.

The reason why I added the case was to protect the ribbon cable-to-connector. I had 2 customers who damaged the end connectors when they tried to install. It is fragile... like all ribbon cables... hence adding a clip-protector at the end should help.

Thanks for the feedback!

David
Now that sounds good.. I just found the picture looked a little misleading as in size and weight ..!!
Thanks Dave!

Hi GUYS, JGimbal damagd pins.jpg JEE, SOMEBODY HELP NEEDED. I was not getting live feed from my camera to my tablet and everyone said it may be the HDMI cable. So I took out the gimbal and the PC board to make sure there was no corrosion. I found FOUR cables, the HDMI and the other small plug BUT I also found two ribbon cables. Unplugging these ribbon cable plugs was easy but in trying to put the gimbal together again the ribbon cable pins were so flimsy that one small mistake resulted in the pins breaking off. See attached picture
Please advise what do I do now and in watching you remove the gimbal and replaced the HDMI cable with the new flat cable version I did not see any ribbon cables only the data cable and the HDMI cable. Why the difference and what do these ribbon cables do??
Eddie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc