Solo Ultra Thin Micro HDMI Flat Ribbon Cable (replacement for Solo's HDMI cable)

Mine changed the nature of the vibrations. Not necessarily improved them or made them worse.
I just think most of us were on the wrong track, or gave too much importance to the HDMI cable being the problem
My stock cable performed almost as well as the ribbon and in some ways it was better.
Now that the gimbal has more freedom to move, it is, and the micro vibrations that I now think are caused by the motors are in some cases more pronounced.
Best example I can provide is, just hovering my stock cable was pretty solid. Just hovering after the ribbon has those oscillating random vibrations that seem to harmonic in nature

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Mine changed the nature of the vibrations. Not necessarily improved them or made them worse.
I just think most of us were on the wrong track, or gave too much importance to the HDMI cable being the problem
My stock cable performed almost as well as the ribbon and in some ways it was better.
Now that the gimbal has more freedom to move, it is, and the micro vibrations that I now think are caused by the motors are in some cases more pronounced.
Best example I can provide is, just hovering my stock cable was pretty solid. Just hovering after the ribbon has those oscillating random vibrations that seem to harmonic in nature
Interesting I wish I could do more testing with my cable but my Solo is out of commission.

As with anything mechanically complex, the performance depends on all the individual parts working together optimally. You can replace the HDMI cable, but data cable is just as stiff. I made up a data cable extension using softer wire, and it seems to have helped, but not dramatically so.

I just received some even softer wire that I'll use to make another extension or just replace the data cable entirely, soldering to the main board. Also have some micro HDMI connectors and soft wire to make up a new HMDI cable.

When I compare all the videos I've taken, there's been a slight improvement at each step - using the data cable extension, balancing the props. I balanced the motors today and will try to test them over the weekend. But I don't think we can expect a total solution from only addressing 1 or 2 areas.

Attachments

• cable_ext.jpg
    cable_ext.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 64
As with anything mechanically complex, the performance depends on all the individual parts working together optimally. You can replace the HDMI cable, but data cable is just as stiff. I made up a data cable extension using softer wire, and it seems to have helped, but not dramatically so.

I just received some even softer wire that I'll use to make another extension or just replace the data cable entirely, soldering to the main board. Also have some micro HDMI connectors and soft wire to make up a new HMDI cable.

When I compare all the videos I've taken, there's been a slight improvement at each step - using the data cable extension, balancing the props. I balanced the motors today and will try to test them over the weekend. But I don't think we can expect a total solution from only addressing 1 or 2 areas.
Wow you're doing the whole nine yards curious to know what's going to be your results please keep us updated.

please keep us updated.

Will do, I want to do one thing at a time to see where the majority of improvement comes from. I think it's incorrect to say it's ALL the motors, or ALL the props or ALL the cables. I think it's all of those things, and each one needs to be addressed.

Reactions: Del and RichWest
Will do, I want to do one thing at a time to see where the majority of improvement comes from. I think it's incorrect to say it's ALL the motors, or ALL the props or ALL the cables. I think it's all of those things, and each one needs to be addressed.
100% agree with you couldn't say it better myself.

Could you tell me where to get this ribbon cable and the cost. Thanks

Thanks, I did after I already posted my message. Next time I'll check first! Have you used this cable and what do you think?

Thanks, I did after I already posted my message. Next time I'll check first! Have you used this cable and what do you think?

I have not. a thinner lighter less stiff hdmi cable is on the list of upgrades/replacements, but its not a priority right now so I have yet to buy one.

I am leaning towards a dedicated camera ship like the Inspire 1 or 2 and have been mulling over the idea of selling both my solo's so any further purchases for the Solo's has been halted.

I have not. a thinner lighter less stiff hdmi cable is on the list of upgrades/replacements, but its not a priority right now so I have yet to buy one.

I am leaning towards a dedicated camera ship like the Inspire 1 or 2 and have been mulling over the idea of selling both my solo's so any further purchases for the Solo's has been halted.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the ribbon cable and will post how well it works.

well I just broke down and bought two new chargers from BHphoto.
$24.95 each was another no brainer deal :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela