Tower Survey: Climb in Place?

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
I use Tower to create a survey mission, by default it seems to climb on its way to the first waypoint. Is there a way to tell it to climb to the survey altitude and then proceed to the first waypoint? The application for it is if I'm doing a survey in the middle of a forest and take off from a clearing.

I've tried setting a waypoint at my takeoff location and setting altitude and speed at that point, it doesn't seem to work for altitude but it works great for setting the speed. Maybe set a second point for altitude? I haven't tried this.

I use Tower to create a survey mission, by default it seems to climb on its way to the first waypoint. Is there a way to tell it to climb to the survey altitude and then proceed to the first waypoint? The application for it is if I'm doing a survey in the middle of a forest and take off from a clearing.

I've tried setting a waypoint at my takeoff location and setting altitude and speed at that point, it doesn't seem to work for altitude but it works great for setting the speed. Maybe set a second point for altitude? I haven't tried this.
When doing a survey mission, I will generally take off manually and climb close to the WP altitude, then tap 'Auto'. Sometimes I will also climb out and get close to the first WP and hit Auto.

Reactions: Ed Beck
I have to admit I do that to, but just wonder why so many people do not trust the take off and landing way points MP will create?

I have to admit I do that to, but just wonder why so many people do not trust the take off and landing way points MP will create?
Probably my old school way of flying. I have found that the more I maintain control with less reliance on automation, the better things go. Also as a PP, you are taught that no matter what you are flying, takeoff/landing are most critical phases of flight. I feel it is also the reason I have never broke a prop on Solo in the year I have owned it. I also enjoy flying it, more than watching it. So for me, I let automation take over only when needed (smart shots, surveys, etc) the rest is me.:) YMMV

Reactions: Acroduster
I do trust Tower to create the take off and landing anand have never had a problem. However I think from now on I'll climb to altitude before activating the auto program.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc