Reaction score
Hey everyone, this would be my first post to this forum. I had a question about the tlog waypoint information. I'm using Tower to plan a survey mission and capturing pictures of a site. When I come back home to try and georeferance my images, my tlog is not showing my flight waypoints? The only point shown is either my RTL or the controller location, not sure which one. I've used WinSPC to grab both tlogs, one from controller and the one from solo. Still no luck. I'm a bit confused on how to get these waypoints into Mission Planner so then I can georeferance my gopro images? I'm sure this has been discussed before, but just having trouble searching for this thread. Any help would greatly appreciated. thanks

Hey everyone, this would be my first post to this forum. I had a question about the tlog waypoint information. I'm using Tower to plan a survey mission and capturing pictures of a site. When I come back home to try and georeferance my images, my tlog is not showing my flight waypoints? The only point shown is either my RTL or the controller location, not sure which one. I've used WinSPC to grab both tlogs, one from controller and the one from solo. Still no luck. I'm a bit confused on how to get these waypoints into Mission Planner so then I can georeferance my gopro images? I'm sure this has been discussed before, but just having trouble searching for this thread. Any help would greatly appreciated. thanks

Try the bin file from the solo 10.1.1.10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just doubled check...for the life of me it seems like the waypoints are not being recorded. Which obviously they have to be because it's flying my survey successfully. I took the only .bin on the solo for that recorded flight day and ran the extract waypoints & none are being found in Mission Planner? Even when I play the tlog it shows the right location but no waypoints and the gauges are showing no movement. Are these one time flight files, meaning they overwrite each other everytime Solo is turned on? I thought this would be easier, but i now have done three surveys with no success getting these waypoints into MP for aerial georeferancing translation.

I just doubled check...for the life of me it seems like the waypoints are not being recorded. Which obviously they have to be because it's flying my survey successfully. I took the only .bin on the solo for that recorded flight day and ran the extract waypoints & none are being found in Mission Planner? Even when I play the tlog it shows the right location but no waypoints and the gauges are showing no movement. Are these one time flight files, meaning they overwrite each other everytime Solo is turned on? I thought this would be easier, but i now have done three surveys with no success getting these waypoints into MP for aerial georeferancing translation.
Sounds like you aren't retrieving the right files. Post one here for us to look at..It should be around 4-10mb in size.

Here are some of the files. This is the only .bin file of the date I flew & the tlog. The time seems to not be accurate. I flew yesterday before sunset close to 6p.m. I will post the text file from my phone in a response. It does have lat/long. Just not sure how to translate that .txt file to referance the images in Mission Planner.

Attachments

• Big_Sabine.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 3
Here is the file I exported from Tower on my phone.

Attachments

• waypoints-2017-02-10 23-54-39.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 2
I found it. After you mentioned that I just starting looked at all the files. I was not looking in the right .tlog file here is the correct one. This was my first go at this and it is always good to have another set of eyes to look at it. thanks again for your help Jubalr

Attachments

• solo.tlog.6.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
I found it. After you mentioned that I just starting looked at all the files. I was not looking in the right .tlog file here is the correct one. This was my first go at this and it is always good to have another set of eyes to look at it. thanks again for your help Jubalr
There is nothing wrong with that file and it plays the flight fine in MP.. That was a 25pt survey mission with full waypoints and camera triggers. You should be able to pull the GPS data in MP or better yet create a gpx file in MP then use GeoSetter to tag the photos.
uc

Reactions: ahGotcha
Thanks, i was able to bring the images into Geosetter and assign georeferencing. I now need to do some adjustments for my gopro camera. Do you know of any links that would give some ideas what the settings should be when flying at certain altitudes and speeds? If not no worries, I appreciate what you've already done.

Thanks, i was able to bring the images into Geosetter and assign georeferencing. I now need to do some adjustments for my gopro camera. Do you know of any links that would give some ideas what the settings should be when flying at certain altitudes and speeds? If not no worries, I appreciate what you've already done.

Tower beta says one of the updates is waypoints not being recorded

Perhaps you should try the beta version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986