Unable to Upgrade Solo to ArduCopter 4.0.3 (with OS 4.0.0)

Reaction score
I have three Solos that I’ve successfully updated to OpenSolo 4.0.0 using Solex. I’ve also used Solex to push the ArduCopter 4.0.3 firmware to each Solo. On two of the drones, it worked fine. Solex shows 4.0.3 on it after the update. The other one refuses to take the upgrade and gets semi-bricked (for lack of a better term) when I update it.

All three of my Solos are stock hardware using the default black cube.

To recover, I used Mission Planner to push the Solo specific ArduCopter 4.0.3 to the Cube via USB using the custom firmware option. I used firmware I extracted from my Android device’s Solex installation (CubeSolo-403.apj is the file name). I did that to be sure I was using the same AC 4.0.3 that worked OK with my other two Solos. That process worked fine and the Cube was responsive in Mission planner after the update. Everything seemed good. Unfortunately, when I powered the Solo on with the freshly flashed cube in it, it failed to boot fully and was seemingly not recognized by the controller. Fortunately, I could still get into the Solo via SSH so it still appeared to still be partially paired. Using SSH/SCP, I was able to re-push the OpenSolo 4.0.0 copter to the Solo using the Github documented procedure. After the reboot and a bit of a wait, the Solo booted up and was recognized by the controller and Solex saw it normally. The only issue is that Solex shows Arducopter 4.0.1 installed, even though I am certain that I put 4.0.3 on it in Mission Planner.

I’ve gone through this process several times with the same results. This particular Solo just refuses to take ArduCopter 4.0.3, although it seems OK with 4.0.1.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this issue resolved? I have a feeling it's just an alternate procedure or sequence eof steps that I need to try. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCoder
I have three Solos that I’ve successfully updated to OpenSolo 4.0.0 using Solex. I’ve also used Solex to push the ArduCopter 4.0.3 firmware to each Solo. On two of the drones, it worked fine. Solex shows 4.0.3 on it after the update. The other one refuses to take the upgrade and gets semi-bricked (for lack of a better term) when I update it.

All three of my Solos are stock hardware using the default black cube.

To recover, I used Mission Planner to push the Solo specific ArduCopter 4.0.3 to the Cube via USB using the custom firmware option. I used firmware I extracted from my Android device’s Solex installation (CubeSolo-403.apj is the file name). I did that to be sure I was using the same AC 4.0.3 that worked OK with my other two Solos. That process worked fine and the Cube was responsive in Mission planner after the update. Everything seemed good. Unfortunately, when I powered the Solo on with the freshly flashed cube in it, it failed to boot fully and was seemingly not recognized by the controller. Fortunately, I could still get into the Solo via SSH so it still appeared to still be partially paired. Using SSH/SCP, I was able to re-push the OpenSolo 4.0.0 copter to the Solo using the Github documented procedure. After the reboot and a bit of a wait, the Solo booted up and was recognized by the controller and Solex saw it normally. The only issue is that Solex shows Arducopter 4.0.1 installed, even though I am certain that I put 4.0.3 on it in Mission Planner.

I’ve gone through this process several times with the same results. This particular Solo just refuses to take ArduCopter 4.0.3, although it seems OK with 4.0.1.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this issue resolved? I have a feeling it's just an alternate procedure or sequence eof steps that I need to try. Thanks!
I successfully updated two 3DR Solos to OpenSolo 4.0, using Solex last night. I then used Solex to update the Pixhawk firmware to 4.0.3. Both of mine took the update perfectly.

Chris

I successfully updated two 3DR Solos to OpenSolo 4.0, using Solex last night. I then used Solex to update the Pixhawk firmware to 4.0.3. Both of mine took the update perfectly.

Chris
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to hear it worked properly on yours. I would love to know what makes the difference between one ending up at Arducopter 4.0.1 vs. 4.0.3. I used the same procedure and got different results with my Solos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc