The only thing I really HATE about my Solo is...

Thanks though for the kind words of encouragement and an alternative point of view

Camera,

I'm not sure that you do understand. I've always believed, to each his own and still do. I think your assessment regarding Pyrate is wrong. There have been a few things that Pyrate and I have disagreed about but I very much value his opinions and contributions. He sure know a lot more than me in many areas. I don't consider him a bully at all. I consider him an opinionated, enthusiastic and very knowledgeable friend. Next time I head to Texas, I'm going to try to stop in for a visit with him.

I guess I must have missed something? Well, I hope you reconsider but if you don't, so be it. I'm here to learn as much as I can from every perspective and every single person that contributes in a positive manner. There has only been one person that really got my goat but he was being ridiculous and profane. Short of that, I've been able to look the other way to continue to learn. I hope you choose to do the same in this case.

Good luck!

Jerry

I believe you may have Pyrate figured wrong

If Pyrate really did like 'because' you crashed, I'm sure he will tell you.

Glad your sticking around. But you may need to get a little thicker skin and not let typed words get to you. It will make your stay more enjoyable.

Take Care and Fly Safe..
Jubal

I pm'd him telling him I thought it was inappropriate to take joy in someone else's suffering. He didn't reply. How would you read it?

People have me all wrong but that is fine, if you ever hung out with me you would have a blast.
Just have a low tolerance for drama, and I tend to call it like I see it. Some find that refreshing other people find a way to be offended
Its all good
My wife says I never get tired of being right all the time. Oh wait, that's not the same thing. Got it. I just posted a comment about drama in the cockpit.

Reactions: pyrate
Man, I forgot all about that movie! You can tell how old we are! Thanks for sharing it Rich!

Jerry
One of my favorites alongside Battle of the Bulge. Watch them every time they come on.

Got be honest, Oddball is who I thought of when CamerGuy showed up with avatar and then recently when he chastised Frankie for his abrupt reply to something. No offense meant in the association....:)

I'll leave you with this....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No sense taking anything too personal or getting depressed by what you read on hobby forum. It's supposed to be fun and informative. It's just a drone after all! I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts here. My sense is there are a few dust ups every now and then but nowhere near the terrible negativity of "that other site." That one made me lose all interest for a while but this one here brought it back.

Reactions: Jubalr
Yes, I've been on RCGroups before. Both as a DIY and a Phantom owner. Neither were positive experiences. The web site owner doesn't seem to care, and seems to encourage the negativism. I wish the mods here would be a little more aggressive in managing the forum
This forum has some great people and some not so great, but what forum doesn't have a wide variety of members? The staff here care about what is happening here and we always discourage bad behavior. The staff can not see all post all the time and that why there are report buttons for members to report rule violations and this includes bad behavior. We are all about being nice to others here. Also, if anyone ever has any ideas to better the forum please feel free to contact me about it.

As far as the gloom & doom... people on the outside see a company in trouble, so it is natural for them to ask about it. Instead of chastising them for it, try to educate them. Ya never know, ya might change someones mind.
As far as internet forums in general, ya better have thick skin to participate. It is like this on all forums as some people find it an easy place to pick on others from behind the keyboard. Like I said... report button, smash it! :)

This forum has some great people and some not so great, but what forum doesn't have a wide variety of members? The staff here care about what is happening here and we always discourage bad behavior. The staff can not see all post all the time and that why there are report buttons for members to report rule violations and this includes bad behavior. We are all about being nice to others here. Also, if anyone ever has any ideas to better the forum please feel free to contact me about it.

As far as the gloom & doom... people on the outside see a company in trouble, so it is natural for them to ask about it. Instead of chastising them for it, try to educate them. Ya never know, ya might change someones mind.
As far as internet forums in general, ya better have thick skin to participate. It is like this on all forums as some people find it an easy place to pick on others from behind the keyboard. Like I said... report button, smash it! :)

This isn't my first Rodeo, but I continue to be amazed at what people and their Cr*p get past Moderators. Lance has little reason to be here, yet.... There are others too. If your soul purpose is to bash a product, of which the forum is based, do we really need them here? We don't know who or what they are. Are they 12 years old bashing a product Mummy and Daddy won't buy, or a competitive manufacturer sending in people to write false statements.

I don't know. Excercise YOUR power to take these people off your site.

My 2 cents

This isn't my first Rodeo, but I continue to be amazed at what people and their Cr*p get past Moderators. Lance has little reason to be here, yet.... There are others too. If your soul purpose is to bash a product, of which the forum is based, do we really need them here? We don't know who or what they are. Are they 12 years old bashing a product Mummy and Daddy won't buy, or a competitive manufacturer sending in people to write false statements.

I don't know. Excercise YOUR power to take these people off your site.

My 2 cents
You may have noticed one of the people you mentioned is no longer here.
If you want to make it happen faster, you report em, I'll take care of business.

Keep in mind this is an open forum so if you report someone cause you don't like them or their opinion don't expect much to happen.
If they are breaking the rules then I'm on it. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Just kidding on the report, but you don't need people bashing the product your forum is about. Let al0ne the attacks that were made against the rest of us.

He'll be back, they ways are

Cmon guys this is really a waste, let's all agree to disagree and move forward. As mentioned it's easier and upsets trolls more to just not pay them any attention, after all that's the only reason to troll. It's just a way to get attention they missed as a child or something similar. I'm not trying to offend or saying any of the folks mentioned are trolls, but from time to time a lot of folks myself included may unnecessarily fan the flames a bit.

Far as forums this was even before moderation and still is the best I've come across and I think that's largely because solo seems to attract a different user than other products more times than not. Every forum will have bad eggs and it's easy to change names and come back, but staff and this community by ourself seem to be doing a pretty good job keeping things on topic.

Anyway glad we're growing and everyone that's stayed all this time is still here, if some don't get along ignore is a great option to have as it keeps things on topic. Eventually they'll find another product to be jealous of and bash to justify their next purchase they're unsure about.

Fly safe and as ol Rodney said "Why can't we all just get along".

Reactions: Joe Horn
People have me all wrong but that is fine, if you ever hung out with me you would have a blast.
Just have a low tolerance for drama, and I tend to call it like I see it. Some find that refreshing other people find a way to be offended
Its all good

I'll meet up with you and come back with a full report Lol. I hear you're coming to Sarasota, I'm in Lakeland, let's do it. I need some ocean stock footage anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea