The only thing I really HATE about my Solo is...

Pyrate,

You are a good person. I will slide by when I'm down there the next time. You have given a great deal to this forum.

Jerry

Wow,

I just joined this group read through some of the messages here and at RCG.
I've gotta tell all of you I attempted to return my unopened Solo. There is so much negativity that it's making me think I bought a real turd of a copter. I'm not new to multis. I bought and built original FW-450 and 550 a few years ago. I started them off with 3DR APM, KK2, CC3D and now Eagle Tree Vector.
I've never had a complex machine like a Phantom. If you want to call it complex. I had a CX-20 that was similar. I've got several other very basic multis like the x5c.
I bought the Solo Directors Kit thinking it would be a nice flying platform. Since I've been looking around for a tablet, I've been reading a lot about the Solo. I've got to admit I'm getting a bit apprehensive about it. To the point of attempting to return it before I even opened the boxes. The only thing that saved me was the store refused to return it and said I will have to contact 3DR for a refund.
The guy at the LHS told me today that 3DR is going out of business.

Does anyone know if that is true?

Thanks..

Don.

Wow,

I just joined this group read through some of the messages here and at RCG.
I've gotta tell all of you I attempted to return my unopened Solo. There is so much negativity that it's making me think I bought a real turd of a copter. I'm not new to multis. I bought and built original FW-450 and 550 a few years ago. I started them off with 3DR APM, KK2, CC3D and now Eagle Tree Vector.
I've never had a complex machine like a Phantom. If you want to call it complex. I had a CX-20 that was similar. I've got several other very basic multis like the x5c.
I bought the Solo Directors Kit thinking it would be a nice flying platform. Since I've been looking around for a tablet, I've been reading a lot about the Solo. I've got to admit I'm getting a bit apprehensive about it. To the point of attempting to return it before I even opened the boxes. The only thing that saved me was the store refused to return it and said I will have to contact 3DR for a refund.
The guy at the LHS told me today that 3DR is going out of business.

Does anyone know if that is true?

Thanks..

Don.
Don, 3 DR is not going out of business. There are several comments in your other thread about Solo.

Not long ago my doctor wanted me to try a new medication. I googled it and saw some negative reviews concerning side effects. I passed because of that but ended up trying it not long afterwards. I wish I had tried it out for myself because there were no side effects and I wasted a lot of time.

Not the same as Solo but you get the point. Fly it and decide for yourself- don't let other people decide how you live your life.:)

Can't we all just get along... ;-)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you Maddog

My biggest issue is buying it and not liking it or damaging it. Then losing any investment I have in it. To me, that's a lot of money to shell out on a toy. I'm an old cheap bastard.

I was able to return it this evening. I didn't realize I had to get an authorization number from 3dr to return it to a store.

I had speculated on a Vantage Robotics Snap that I saw at CES this year. It is a nice multi with a lot of the same features. It was the same price (promo price) as the current sale price on the Solo. It has a built in gimbal and 4K camera. They were going to ship in June then two weeks before June they pushed the possible ship date out to September.
I canceled my order and actually got my money back. I'm done with startups as well.
I guess my point to this is that technology rolls so quickly that by next year there will prolly be something better at around the same price point.
I currently have several multis and don't fly them much since the FAA licensing issue.

I appreciate your feedback.

I'm going to keep an eye on the Solo. I like the looks and features of it.

Don

Thank you Maddog

My biggest issue is buying it and not liking it or damaging it. Then losing any investment I have in it. To me, that's a lot of money to shell out on a toy. I'm an old cheap bastard.

I was able to return it this evening. I didn't realize I had to get an authorization number from 3dr to return it to a store.

I had speculated on a Vantage Robotics Snap that I saw at CES this year. It is a nice multi with a lot of the same features. It was the same price (promo price) as the current sale price on the Solo. It has a built in gimbal and 4K camera. They were going to ship in June then two weeks before June they pushed the possible ship date out to September.
I canceled my order and actually got my money back. I'm done with startups as well.
I guess my point to this is that technology rolls so quickly that by next year there will prolly be something better at around the same price point.
I currently have several multis and don't fly them much since the FAA licensing issue.

I appreciate your feedback.

I'm going to keep an eye on the Solo. I like the looks and features of it.

Don
Oh- ok. Well, glad you got your money back. I'm sure something will come along that works for you. And yes, the FAA crap is a real downer- they just don't want us to have any fun.o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc