The gimbal video thread

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

here's mine.

GoPro Hero3+ Black, 2.7k/30fps

Youtube contrast & stabilization filter

May I ask what your setting were in your GoPro ?
honestly I do not know ha 1080p medium frame is all I know, I have never played with the camera settings on the gopro besides the resolution so all stock settings besides resolution I assume, sorry I wish i could be more helpful

Mine

Stabilized, Color Corrected

No Color Correction. No Stab

honestly I do not know ha 1080p medium frame is all I know, I have never played with the camera settings on the gopro besides the resolution so all stock settings besides resolution I assume, sorry I wish i could be more helpful
Thats all I'm using to for now is 1080p @60fps till I get to know the GoPro a little bit more...and that's a good setting to start!
I'm pretty new with the camera and still learning my self trying to learn what works best for what! Im not really in a hurry to play with the 4K right now..Because I just don't have anything in my house thats Compatible with it ! but I can just imagine the picture 4K has to offer ! I like to get into slowing down some clips in editing.. And I hear that 30fps is good for that!
You did a great job on editing your video ..and the picture looks so crisp and clear with incredible Fall colors ...Good Job!

Thought I would post this for all the animal lovers..:)

1st gimbal footage. Nothing to brag about but it won't make you dizzy. Kept seeing the left leg pop in there. 1080p 30FPS Wide Protune

1st gimbal footage. Nothing to brag about but it won't make you dizzy. Kept seeing the left leg pop in there. 1080p 30FPS Wide Protune
Not bad Raybro.!! Do you prefer the Wide setting over the Medium to get rid of that leg in your footage ..?
I set mine 1080p @60fps Medium... And that way I dont get the leg in my Footage :)

Not bad Raybro.!! Do you prefer the Wide setting over the Medium to get rid of that leg in your footage ..?
I set mine 1080p @60fps Medium... And that way I dont get the leg in my Footage :)
I'm still testing. I was under the assumption that the legs do not show up in wide...wrong! Anway, not a big deal unless I'm shooting something worth while.
My next one I will do in medium and see how it looks.
On my P2 I normally shoot in wide...I get an occasional leg but also get props and arms.

Changed from wide to medium and got rid of the legs. I was actually looking around to see if I could find the deer that have been hanging around.
Protune really highlights the duckweed on the ponds.
When I first got my Solo, I tried the Selfie.....backwards and nearly hit the house. Got it down now.:D. Tomorrow, Orbit.

Reactions: Jubalr and Del
If I had to guess I'd say it's working as it's supposed to and you're seeing what I saw when I first experimented with the tilt presets.

It's possible that you correctly set presets 1&2 but turning the wheel determines the SPEED between those two points. If you have the speed set to a really large number, and press one of the preset buttons, it might be moving but so sloooooow that you don't think it's working.

Just a thought...

thank You. It is not available on google play and I can't find it in that other zip file posted in the other thread.

two more questions

1. last night I was playing with the gimbal and learning about it and there is a flashing Green light in the back of the gimbal, is this normal?

2. the bottom 1 and 2 for the prefix camera angle Works intermittent, sometimes it Works and some other times I press them and nothing happens, I noticed if I press once and it doesn't move the camera, if I double press real quick the 1 or 2 buttom they will work, any idea why?

3. what is the Wheel between the buttom 1 and 2 for? It sets something about seconds, from 3 and above?

thank You for the help

Thanks for some help from folks here, and some other sources : here is my first Gimbal flight with Solo.

Not that great a video, was just a test and pretty windy, not to mention I was getting torn up by deer fly's a gnat's. Had a few LOS issues also so had to change ALT and move so I could LOS Solo (I live in the trees).

Cheers

Throwing in my first flight with the gimbal :)

Reactions: Raybro
Changed from wide to medium and got rid of the legs. I was actually looking around to see if I could find the deer that have been hanging around.
Protune really highlights the duckweed on the ponds.
When I first got my Solo, I tried the Selfie.....backwards and nearly hit the house. Got it down now.:D. Tomorrow, Orbit.
Thanks for some help from folks here, and some other sources : here is my first Gimbal flight with Solo.

Not that great a video, was just a test and pretty windy, not to mention I was getting torn up by deer fly's a gnat's. Had a few LOS issues also so had to change ALT and move so I could LOS Solo (I live in the trees).

Cheers
Hey Chip....I can't seem to get your video to work..??
It said it was disabled or something like that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44