The gimbal video thread

First cable cam with gimbal. Absolute rookie here. Been told a ND filter should eliminate the prop wash. Any advice welcome.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An ND filter does nowhere near as much as people make out.

You need a lens hood and to angle the gimbal down a bit.

is there any way to eliminate the information I get on the Android Tablet from the gopro? when I am looking at the videofeed I get the resolution at which I am filming, I get the battery of the gopro, etc. and it takes up a lot of the screen space, how can I eliminate this?

thank You

is there any way to eliminate the information I get on the Android Tablet from the gopro? when I am looking at the videofeed I get the resolution at which I am filming, I get the battery of the gopro, etc. and it takes up a lot of the screen space, how can I eliminate this?

thank You
Turn off OSD (on-screen display) on GoPro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

is the gimbal supposed to make a sound when you move it? when going down and when going up it makes a buzz sound?

is the gimbal supposed to make a sound when you move it? when going down and when going up it makes a buzz sound?

I would recommend checking your Gimbal installation!
Take out your Battery Tray and take a look to make sure that your Yaw Motor is Centered and not rubbing against the Mother board..and make sure your Cables are not touching or rubbing on the Yaw Motor..

Fly Safe

the Yaw Motor is the silver round thing?

Take out your Battery Tray and take a look to make sure that your Yaw Motor is Centered and not rubbing against the Mother board..and make sure your Cables are not touching or rubbing on the Yaw Motor..

Fly Safe

took battery tray off, GPS cover off and opened it up, took gimbal out and re-install and I think all cables are route ok but when the gimbal moves it makes a little noise like for 1 or 1.5 seconds, not a loud nois. is it supposed to make any noise or nothing at all when it moves?

Fly Safe

I just installed mine a couple of days ago and havint had time to play with it much..but I havint really notice to much noise coming from mine...

thank You Del. Anybody else could please confirm if yours make a small noise when you move it or no noise at all?

I just installed mine a couple of days ago and havint had time to play with it much..but I havint really notice to much noise coming from mine...

From what I remember, I never used to have my legs in the frame when making yaw turns. Now I do. Anyone else having that problem? Shooting with GoPro 4 black at 4k.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
It depends on how hard you make your yaw turns. Also windy conditions can make it worse. I'm not getting legs to often, but I try to maneuver very slowly. If I get legs in the video, I just crop it a bit. With 4K you have such a large image, and so much detail, it doesn't really hurt to crop.

it's almost like a vibration noise, it is at only one angle, when the gimbal is getting to the zero degree position, almost when looking straight down the noise starts and if I leave the gimbal at that position the noise stays and never goes away, I doubt this is normal?

thank You Del. Anybody else could please confirm if yours make a small noise when you move it or no noise at all?

Last edited:
Just confirm and the noise is cause the gimbal is vibrating like crazy when almost looking straight down.

it's almost like a vibration noise, it is at only one angle, when the gimbal is getting to the zero degree position, almost when looking straight down the noise starts and if I leave the gimbal at that position the noise stays and never goes away, I doubt this is normal?

It depends on how hard you make your yaw turns. Also windy conditions can make it worse. I'm not getting legs to often, but I try to maneuver very slowly. If I get legs in the video, I just crop it a bit. With 4K you have such a large image, and so much detail, it doesn't really hurt to crop.
Sure, I can crop, but how much more time will cropping add to the render time? I have no idea? I am still a week out of the country, but once I get back, I will have to run some tests. See, the ideal case would be - Perfect footage, edit it a little bit, upload it, done. If you now have to get rid of fisheye, crop it, color correct it and Stabilizing it, it will add a lot more time to the render job... (I can see that color correcting is something you pretty much always have to do, but the rest should be avoidable with a good gimbal).

Having said that, I believe the Solo should keep the damn legs out of the way at all times.

thanks.

Testing out the gimbal (Gimbal 2 on Solo1)

I have two Solos and just got the gimbal for the first one I purchased through Dronefly (Solo1). It works great after reinstalling it and tucking/taping the wires (see my previous post "a word on the gimbal").

To shoot, I went down to the lake (where I tested the first gimbal) and flying is easy (wide open lake) though filming is hard (windy and a lot of sun and glare). It was quite a bit more windy and gusty than last time when I tested the first gimbal (on Solo2), but it put the gimbal through it's paces, and it functioned like a champ.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You will notice I am also practicing and experimenting with the sweep function and timing. I shot this time in 2.7K with protune and GoPro video just to be different (I usually shoot in 4K Flat) as I wanted to see the difference. I didn't do any post (other than transitions between clips and adding music and titles). Then rendered to 1080P for YouTube.

It makes me remember why I shoot 4K Flat and do processing :) but it was a good test of the gimbal...

PS: I brought the P3P also, but was having so much fun with Solo, I spent all the time I had flying Solo :)

It may just be my computer, but do you get some judder when replaying that video (especially on the faster pans/tilts)? It seems it's not very smooth. Was it on 24fps?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado