The gimbal video thread

Here's a quick video from my first gimbal flight. I had a helluva time getting the live feed to work. Ended up just resetting the HDMI plug inside the gimbal bay and it started working. From someone who's never used a gimbal.... I think it's incredible.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sweet :)

Is any of you seeing their legs in the frame? When I fly in 4k, making rudder turns, my legs show up! WTH???

Thanks.

Anyone else find out you can start/stop recording with the control lever and not just the device screen?

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Just seen 4k wide with no legs in view. But props showed for a short time when going fast forward.

Sent from the 4th dimension using my Nexus 6
Like I said, I have filmed in 4k before and the legs didn't show up in turns. Talking about turns only. Flying straight forward and having the camera looking up, meaning level to the ground, you will see the props if you fly fast, that is correct. But what about yaw turns??? My legs did not used to show up... now they do.

thanks.

Just playing/practicing manual flight and smart shots.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Tracy
Hi, just got my gimbal, two questions:

1. the red buttom in the app would record the live video feed directly to my android device or it will start/record into the gopro?

2. there is no way to view the live camera from Tower, meaning viewing the map and the live feed at the same time?

Than You

It was a statement - you can start and stop recording with your finger on the left "paddle", I guess it's called.

Hi, just got my gimbal, two questions:

1. the red buttom in the app would record the live video feed directly to my android device or it will start/record into the gopro?

2. there is no way to view the live camera from Tower, meaning viewing the map and the live feed at the same time?

Than You
1. The Red button is to stop/start the GoPro recording. It's the same function as the GP top button. You can also do the same thing by pushing in on the left gimbal tilt control.
2. Yes, the latest version of Tower now includes the live view from Tower. You can also swipe from the right edge to make it 1/2 screen.

Last edited:
thank You Jubalr

on questions #1, if I hit that red button will the gopro record into its sd card or it will record into the Android tablet?

is the new tower available yet? I think it is not in google play, right?

1. The Red button is to stop/start the GoPro recording. It's the same function as the GP top button. You can also do the same thing by pushing in on the left gimbal tilt control.
2. Yes, the latest version of Tower now includes the lice view from Tower. You can also swipe from the right edge to make it 1/2 screen.

thank You Jubalr

on questions #1, if I hit that red button will the gopro record into its sd card or it will record into the Android tablet?

is the new tower available yet? I think it is not in google play, right?
It records to the SD card. It has the same function as the button on the top of the GoPro.
Here is more info on the Tower release with Live View..
New Tower Version.. Solo Live Feed | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

thank You. It is not available on google play and I can't find it in that other zip file posted in the other thread.

two more questions

1. last night I was playing with the gimbal and learning about it and there is a flashing Green light in the back of the gimbal, is this normal?

2. the bottom 1 and 2 for the prefix camera angle Works intermittent, sometimes it Works and some other times I press them and nothing happens, I noticed if I press once and it doesn't move the camera, if I double press real quick the 1 or 2 buttom they will work, any idea why?

3. what is the Wheel between the buttom 1 and 2 for? It sets something about seconds, from 3 and above?

thank You for the help

It records to the SD card. It has the same function as the button on the top of the GoPro.
Here is more info on the Tower release with Live View..
New Tower Version.. Solo Live Feed | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

thank You. It is not available on google play and I can't find it in that other zip file posted in the other thread.

two more questions

1. last night I was playing with the gimbal and learning about it and there is a flashing Green light in the back of the gimbal, is this normal?

2. the bottom 1 and 2 for the prefix camera angle Works intermittent, sometimes it Works and some other times I press them and nothing happens, I noticed if I press once and it doesn't move the camera, if I double press real quick the 1 or 2 buttom they will work, any idea why?

3. what is the Wheel between the buttom 1 and 2 for? It sets something about seconds, from 3 and above?

thank You for the help
Most of the questions that you're asking about the gimbal is all in the instructions that came with the gimbal ..

Just saying..

Reactions: Mitchell Gerdes
You are right, I guess I didn't read the manual until now.

only thing is that I don't know why the buttom 1 and 2 for preset angles don't work at times.

thank You

Most of the questions that you're asking about the gimbal is all in the instructions that came with the gimbal ..

Just saying..

only thing is that I don't know why the buttom 1 and 2 for preset angles don't work at times.

thank You
For the preset to work.. Hold in the button for a couple of seconds to set them where you want.

Just saying..
I guess one can buy a cook book then and open a 5 star restaurant... I mean, it tells you right there in the book how to cook, right? [emoji12]

thank You
Those buttons drove me nuts for a while. They made no sense. However, with some help I figured it out.

Move the gimbal to a desired position. Press the "1" button for 3 seconds or so (until you hear a peep and see a confirmation on the transmitter display). Now position 1 is stored. Do the same with the number "2" button. Now you have two preset positions.

Turn the wheel to set the time it will take to travel to the preset position. Hit 1 or 2 and it move to that position in the time you have set.

How this helps.

From what I remember, I never used to have my legs in the frame when making yaw turns. Now I do. Anyone else having that problem? Shooting with GoPro 4 black at 4k.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado