The competition is heating up and it's good! DJI and Yuneec

Reaction score
Yuneec just announced the pricing and release date for the Typhoon H. I think it is a better value over the Phantom 4 and it is $100 less at $1300. Of course, this is the only basic bundle but they are also throwing in TWO controllers.
For starters:
- 6 Rotor Bird with retractable landing gear ( Yuneec win....)
- Distance (DJI wins BIG)
- Flight mode (tie)
- Controller (Yuneec wins big!) - A 16 channel controller with a 7 inch touch display built-in & the small Wizard controller.
-Obstacle avoidance (for the basic model without Intel RealSense....it's a tie; with RealSense, Yuneec wins)
-Camera/Gimblal - (Yuneec wins) - because the yuneec can do 360 degrees rotation.

As you can see, Yuneec is a better value package.
I predict that the bundle with Intel RealSense, two batteries , and a case will be $1700-$1800.

DJI and Yunnec are truly competing and the consumers are benefiting. Both of these companies are forcing prices down. I just wish 3DR can do the same.

Typhoon H

No thanks
Why do you have to be like that? :)
Don't you agree that competition brings out the best in everyone and promotes innovation?
I have sense that you would love for DJI or Yuneec to fail.
Personally, I'm not loyal to any one company. Respectfully, I think that you are way too loyal to 3DR and it at times clouds your judgement.

Come on....you have to agree that the P4 and Typhoon H are pretty cool birds based on the features....?

Reactions: Stimmy
True enthusiasts appreciate every aspect of drone technology regardless of brand. I personally think that advancement is inevitable and so is competition. Its a good thing... With that being said I really think both the P4 and the Typhoon H are amazing products. As far as which one is better? Ehh thats up for you guys to decide, I'll sit back and watch the show. Oh yeaaaa, obligatory lets see what 3DR is going to come out with. LOL

Reactions: J R
True enthusiasts appreciate every aspect of drone technology regardless of brand. I personally think that advancement is inevitable and so is competition. Its a good thing... With that being said I really think both the P4 and the Typhoon H are amazing products. As far as which one is better? Ehh thats up for you guys to decide, I'll sit back and watch the show. Oh yeaaaa, obligatory lets see what 3DR is going to come out with. LOL

I received my P4 already, only have a coupla hours on it (just one battery, no extras avail). I'm planning on purchasing the Yuneec as well; a drone retailer made an offer I can't refuse. I've got a G500 and really enjoy it for speedy launches, but the camera on it isn't as good of course, as the GoPro 4Black in 2K or 4K mode.
Competition is good. "A high tide floats all boats."

Neither of their mission planning is worth teets on a boar hog. Arducopter runs circles around both.

DJI has the GEO system and Yuneec's version is even worse.

solo need a second gimbal/camera option to run this same competition. It is a beatifull bird, but need a better camera option to jump to the next level. If this sony micro 4/3 camera is a true thing, is a perfect imporvement

Why do you have to be like that? :)
Don't you agree that competition brings out the best in everyone and promotes innovation?
I have sense that you would love for DJI or Yuneec to fail.
Personally, I'm not loyal to any one company. Respectfully, I think that you are way too loyal to 3DR and it at times clouds your judgement.

Come on....you have to agree that the P4 and Typhoon H are pretty cool birds based on the features....?

If all you're looking at is "features" that you've never seen and yet to try, then that makes you a "measurebator." Anyone can jerk off over numbers. 3DR still offers the best value in commercial, enterprise, and hobby flight. I'm a fan of drones in general, have several, use them for work and play. But to provide a "review" of something you've not touched, let alone flown...:confused:

If all you're looking at is "features" that you've never seen and yet to try, then that makes you a "measurebator." Anyone can jerk off over numbers. 3DR still offers the best value in commercial, enterprise, and hobby flight. I'm a fan of drones in general, have several, use them for work and play. But to provide a "review" of something you've not touched, let alone flown...:confused:

Thank you. Did I touched a nerve? :) LOL
I was just commenting on the P4 and Typhoon 4; wasn't doing a review especially when I have neither. What? We can't comment on features and compare? Really? ...I don't have money laying around to afford buying different ones.

btw, what's you fascination with masturbation anyway? it has no place on this forum.....

for the record. I don't like their business model
has less to do with the product, chasing shiny flashy things does not interest me, thus no thanks

I was just commenting on the P4 and Typhoon 4; wasn't doing a review especially when I have neither. What? We can't comment on features and compare? Really? ...I don't have money laying around to afford buying different ones.

btw, what's you fascination with masturbation anyway? it has no place on this forum.....

No nerve touched, merely fascinated with people who buy "paper." A "review" is useless without touching the vehicle. A comparison is useless without touching the vehicle. How can you possibly compare? For example, the Typhoon you saw in the video avoiding obstacles was done with very expensive radar point units. The P4 doesn't do nearly the job of avoiding obstacles that DJI claimed. It's just a paper statement without realistic evaluation to back it up. Measurebating exists with all tech heads, but for things that fly?

I had the opportunity to fly the H at CES.

Reactions: Rycoh and pyrate

You have to understand that a lot of folks here have owned DJI and been burnt by their customer service. There is also a lot of suspicion about Yunnec because they cheated by using a multi million dollar system hidden from everyone during their demo at CES. Therefore people want to see these birds in action for awhile first. It's very common in this industry to promise a lot of cool features and then not deliver. Even the Solo is guilty of that.

No nerve touched, merely fascinated with people who buy "paper." A "review" is useless without touching the vehicle. A comparison is useless without touching the vehicle. How can you possibly compare? For example, the Typhoon you saw in the video avoiding obstacles was done with very expensive radar point units. The P4 doesn't do nearly the job of avoiding obstacles that DJI claimed. It's just a paper statement without realistic evaluation to back it up. Measurebating exists with all tech heads, but for things that fly?

I had the opportunity to fly the H at CES.
A lot of us were given a hard earned lesson on "buying paper" by 3DR last year

So true. I own a lot of tools made by a lot of brands. Different tools work best for different jobs. I find it silly and immature to have a sense of identity tied to a particular brand loyalty.

Yuneec just announced the pricing and release date for the Typhoon H. I think it is a better value over the Phantom 4 and it is $100 less at $1300. Of course, this is the only basic bundle but they are also throwing in TWO controllers.
For starters:
- 6 Rotor Bird with retractable landing gear ( Yuneec win....)
- Distance (DJI wins BIG)
- Flight mode (tie)
- Controller (Yuneec wins big!) - A 16 channel controller with a 7 inch touch display built-in & the small Wizard controller.
-Obstacle avoidance (for the basic model without Intel RealSense....it's a tie; with RealSense, Yuneec wins)
-Camera/Gimblal - (Yuneec wins) - because the yuneec can do 360 degrees rotation.

As you can see, Yuneec is a better value package.
I predict that the bundle with Intel RealSense, two batteries , and a case will be $1700-$1800.

DJI and Yunnec are truly competing and the consumers are benefiting. Both of these companies are forcing prices down. I just wish 3DR can do the same.

Typhoon H
The competition is great for those of us with open minds. Those who insist on idolizing or demonizing this brand or that brand will be left behind. I say bring it on. 3DR has some serious catching up to do. This industry isn't about keeping up, it's about keeping ahead, and that's what I see DJI and Yuneec doing.

You have to understand that a lot of folks here have owned DJI and been burnt by their customer service. There is also a lot of suspicion about Yunnec because they cheated by using a multi million dollar system hidden from everyone during their demo at CES. Therefore people want to see these birds in action for awhile first. It's very common in this industry to promise a lot of cool features and then not deliver. Even the Solo is guilty of that.
I think we all know first-hand someone who has had a terrible experience with DJI customer service. However, that seems to be changing. In fact, 3DR CS seems to be slipping while DJI CS improves. Especially now with the DJI crash insurance. A guy I know crashed his Phantom 3, which he had their insurance on, and had a brand new one in under 3 weeks. Last time I sent my Solo back for shake and stability issues it took 5 weeks to get it back. So apparently DJI is closing, or has closed the CS gap. Again, this is an example of all of benefiting from competition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44