Sorbo HDMI Cable Pad

Reaction score
I had purchased a replacement Solo Body to mock up material on. Really hadn't touched it since purchased. I mounted my gimbal to it this evening and to my surprise was a piece of Sorbothane sticking on the inside hull. My Solo does not have this, which was circa Sept. 2015 from BB. The body was purchased around Nov. and came straight from China...

Anyway it appears to be 1/8" thick material that is about 1.25" x 1" rectangle. From my experience it appears to be 30 durometer, fairly soft for viscoelastic materials. The other thing interesting is that they heated the back side to make it adhere to the wall as pictured below. Sorbothane actually becomes fairly sticky when heated beyond 200F, this application appeared to be surface heating only.

Not sure this is actually a remedy for any HDMI cable induced vibes at this point, just passing on a find without any results. I'd imagine moon gel or other damping material could be substituted, so to each their own if your going to apply. Finally for this application I'd actually consider thinner sorbo, an 1/8" is a lot of cable flex room to lose, 1/16" material is available...

I'd presume you "down-unders" already have this installed based on your release date.

SOLO_SORBO_HDMI.jpg

Reactions: J R
I had purchased a replacement Solo Body to mock up material on. Really hadn't touched it since purchased. I mounted my gimbal to it this evening and to my surprise was a piece of Sorbothane sticking on the inside hull. My Solo does not have this, which was circa Sept. 2015 from BB. The body was purchased around Nov. and came straight from China...

Anyway it appears to be 1/8" thick material that is about 1.25" x 1" rectangle. From my experience it appears to be 30 durometer, fairly soft for viscoelastic materials. The other thing interesting is that they heated the back side to make it adhere to the wall as pictured below. Sorbothane actually becomes fairly sticky when heated beyond 200F, this application appeared to be surface heating only.

Not sure this is actually a remedy for any HDMI cable induced vibes at this point, just passing on a find without any results. I'd imagine moon gel or other damping material could be substituted, so to each their own if your going to apply. Finally for this application I'd actually consider thinner sorbo, an 1/8" is a lot of cable flex room to lose, 1/16" material is available...

I'd presume you "down-unders" already have this installed based on your release date.

View attachment 2699

from this photo I'm unable to tell where exactly is this supposed to be located. I got my Solo mid-February, when I was replacing the HDMI cable I don't recall seeing this material anywhere.

from this photo I'm unable to tell where exactly is this supposed to be located
The left side of the image is the nose of the bird. So the patch of material is on the forward right hand side, prior to the arm.

Again, just sharing a find. Not saying this is good or bad to have installed, could make things worse. I have not tested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso