[SOLVED] Gimbal Angle not properly working

Reaction score
Hello,

I have finally installed open solo 3.0 on my controller and drone today and seems to be working as intended except one thing.

All of the sudden the gimbal can't go below an angle of 55°, I tried to find limitation settings about it but couldn't find anything in the Solex app.

Edit, oh I should've posted this in "Help". Apologies for that.

Does the screen go down to 0 degrees while you hold the paddle, then pop back up to 55?

Does the screen go down to 0 degrees while you hold the paddle, then pop back up to 55?
I don't think so, the screen display is decreasing but the gimbal itself not.

Here's a video of it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks like an encoder error. Have you re-plugged the gimbal recently?

Oh, wait. I used to see that sometimes with gimbals that were good but running without the app open. Seemed like as soon as I had the Solo app open they corrected. Not sure why.

That looks like an encoder error. Have you re-plugged the gimbal recently?

Oh, wait. I used to see that sometimes with gimbals that were good but running without the app open. Seemed like as soon as I had the Solo app open they corrected. Not sure why.

I also have the problem when the app is running (Solex)

I'd say encoder error at a guess. But without being there I couldn't be at all certain.

Just to be sure, is the GoPro on? My brain is tweaking that sometimes that causes issues too.

Do the other functions work? Does it stabilize when the copter is moved?

I'd say encoder error at a guess. But without being there I couldn't be at all certain.

Just to be sure, is the GoPro on? My brain is tweaking that sometimes that causes issues too.

Do the other functions work? Does it stabilize when the copter is moved?

Also have problem when gopro is on. Other functions work fine.

Sounds like encoder error. Gimbal controller is acting like it doesn't know exactly where that axis is located so it is trying to home.

Could also be IMU/encoder data mismatch. But it is all really speculation.

Sorry man.

Curious, with Solo off, will the gimbal tilt down further? When tilted by hand, does it catch or snag during the tilting rotation?

Did you crash Solo? The video angle you posted makes the main arm look off....

Reactions: kweeni
Curious, with Solo off, will the gimbal tilt down further? When tilted by hand, does it catch or snag during the tilting rotation?

Did you crash Solo? The video angle you posted makes the main arm look off....
Never crashed the solo, arm looks normal to me so it may be the video angle.
But you're right.. giving the gimbal a small push does indeed make a clicking sound and makes it go further than the angle it was stuck at. When feeling around then it feels like a "spring" that's rotating..
Anyway I can fix this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good catch @RichWest . I somehow missed the finger movement that tilts the gimbal back up. This is why I should have been in bed.

@kweeni check where the cradle passes thru the plastic shields. Anything rubbing or even in contact at any point?

The ribbon cable inside the Tilt motor housing could be the issue, a couple of screws and the housing easily removes to inspect the lay of the ribbon. There is some teflon like tape inside the housing that could be catching on the ribbon cable....

Understand the gimbal has two modes for the motors, high and low torque. The high torque only applies when the prop motors are running. So in your example the motor are low torque and don't have enough to over come some resistance.

Which screws exactly do I have to loose in order to open it? Do I have to take the arm off the body?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig