[SOLVED] Gimbal Angle not properly working

Thanks a lot! Inside the case there was a piece of tape that curled up and that was stucking on the cables.

Could you post a picture of this, please?

I have similar issue after update to GC. I don't know if i have to open a new thread for theses issues with GC:
- GoPro (v5.0) doesn't shutdown when solo is off
- when arming on ground, if i move the paddle to 0° or 90° Solo disarm. Idem with preset angle buttons : disarm when angles reach the end. But when flying paddle and preset angle buttons work as expected.
- gimbal goes shaking and full roll and i can't move the gimbal. This issue is random, i'll take a look on the ribbon cable according to the recommandation of RichWest.

it was windy but not too much, dji spar's still stable with this wind.

Could you post a picture of this, please?

I have similar issue after update to GC. I don't know if i have to open a new thread for theses issues with GC:
- GoPro (v5.0) doesn't shutdown when solo is off
- when arming on ground, if i move the paddle to 0° or 90° Solo disarm. Idem with preset angle buttons : disarm when angles reach the end. But when flying paddle and preset angle buttons work as expected.
- gimbal goes shaking and full roll and i can't move the gimbal. This issue is random, i'll take a look on the ribbon cable according to the recommandation of RichWest.

it was windy but not too much, dji spar's still stable with this wind.

I'm afraid I didn't take a picture. But it was very obvious when you open it that it wasn't normal.
It' was also very easy to open that part, only 3 screws.

Hello,

I have finally installed open solo 3.0 on my controller and drone today and seems to be working as intended except one thing.

All of the sudden the gimbal can't go below an angle of 55°, I tried to find limitation settings about it but couldn't find anything in the Solex app.

Edit, oh I should've posted this in "Help". Apologies for that.

All you have to do is connect to Mission Planner and go to optional equipment setup. Select Camera/gimbal and there you can adjust tilt, yaw and everything else. Just did mine, same problem you had. Easy to do.

Does the screen go down to 0 degrees while you hold the paddle, then pop back up to 55?

This sounds more like me.

Starting up the solo at about 20 or so seconds the gimbal would move and point strait down. You could use the paddle to adjust but would only move about half way through the full range then once you released the paddle it would go to the full down position again. Rebooting the solo would just repeat this same result. I also seemed to notice some difficulties using the two preset buttons in the controller for gimbal, all though I admit I don’t normally use those but seems strait forward, find positions and hold to set. Just didn’t seem to want to respond like it should.

I was completely puzzled by this as this gimbal has only been flown a couple of times and maybe 10-15 feet off the ground then placed back in box. I was just wanting to do some indoor stuff and power up the solo to utilize the gimbal but just holding solo in my hands. Anyway, I was just like the wth?? So I hooked up to mp and was able to make adjustments to the gimbal in mp and now it functions perfectly. Any thoughts?

Running open solo (latest) with the gc and mRo gps.

What probably happened is you previously hooked up to Mission Planner and while in the gimbal screen clicked on an option to see what it was without actually changing anything then got out of MP. That is what I did and when my gimbal started doing exactly what yours did. Went back into MP made adjustments and all was good.

What probably happened is you previously hooked up to Mission Planner and while in the gimbal screen clicked on an option to see what it was without actually changing anything then got out of MP. That is what I did and when my gimbal started doing exactly what yours did. Went back into MP made adjustments and all was good.

I don’t see how, since loading the last open solo version I would have thought that would have cleared any tweaks and one thing I tried was loading the parameters from the solex app to try and correct ending with same results. Typically I do not even connect this to mp and I do not believe have since the first rc of open solo when install hung. 99% of the time this solo sits in the box it came in as does the gimbal since I have had it listed for sale for some time. I don’t want to chance anything. Obviously since it works as it should now it really doesn’t matter now but I was curious if someone else had a similar experience.

I don’t see how, since loading the last open solo version I would have thought that would have cleared any tweaks and one thing I tried was loading the parameters from the solex app to try and correct ending with same results. Typically I do not even connect this to mp and I do not believe have since the first rc of open solo when install hung. 99% of the time this solo sits in the box it came in as does the gimbal since I have had it listed for sale for some time. I don’t want to chance anything. Obviously since it works as it should now it really doesn’t matter now but I was curious if someone else had a similar experience.
Well I was just passing on what mine did which was exactly the same thing you had happen and what the cause of mine was and how I fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000