Solo Update 2.3.0

I flew two batteries this evening with 2.3. All is well.
  • The RTH (RTL) altitude bug is fixed. You can now type or slide the altitude as desired.
  • The "Maximum altitude reached" bug appears to be fixed. It no longer has an obsession with 200ft.
  • The new follow me modes are working as described. This includes leash and spot lock. I can park it in the sky and it will keep the camera pointed at me as I move around. In leash mode, I walked around a curving sidewalk and it followed behind me, following the curve of a the sidewalk. Pretty neat.

When the solo app prompts you to update, it describes the new features. It does not however list bug fixes.

Hi,
I downloaded the update in the app from Pad and Phone and update the solo / controller via Pad.
Now, I have the info "new update available" in the Phone, but have the new firmware installed already.
should I instlal the firmware again via phone, now or how I can reset this message?

thanks!

Connect the phone to the solo, the message should go away after next use once the phone learns the firmware version that is installed on the Solo. It gets the version Info during the connection with the Solo.

You'd think there be a description of the update somewhere?

the update includes:
-rebuilt follow to improve follow pointing accuracy and unlock new follow modes

the release notes don't state bug fixes, but several have been fixed such as the rtl altitude and tower gopro triggering. at the moment, only available for android with ios is coming soon.

the update does not include the features announced at NAB. that has to be beta tested first.

iPad / iPhone App must not be out as I just checked the App Store and the App version is still 2.2.0

The app on my iPad shows there is no update and the installed versions are:
App 2.2.0
Solo 2.1.1
Autopilot 1.2.23
Gimbal 1.3.6
Controller 2.1.1
Controller Firmware 1.2.8

the update does not include the features announced at NAB. that has to be beta tested first.

Well, the follow me modes for leash and spot lock were announced at NAB. The other features announced, like zip line, are not out yet.

sadly I have to report 3dr services crashed again after the update
I think this is the root cause some people are having with MPCC on android
3DR services crashes in the background, unless you are really paying attention you will not see it
I launched services prior to solo app and it appears to be stable after that

did not notice if the gimbal was changed this go around, but could be the update did not complete?
is the gimbal working?

Strange, no updates for IOS available in UK yet , still showing ver 2.1 as up to date , any one over here managed to update IOS devices ?

I decided to uninstall and reinstall all my apps.
Got to thinking about it, and my cable cam issues started when I added the simulator
I dont use it, so I did not reinstall the simulator and now I cant duplicate the services crashing

Charging up batteries heading out to test
Would it not be nuts if the simulator was what was causing all the issues on android

I wouldn't be too surprised. It also could be an issue with the installation that reinstalling it fixed. Godspeed and report back!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny