Solo Update 2.3.0

I decided to uninstall and reinstall all my apps.
Got to thinking about it, and my cable cam issues started when I added the simulator
I dont use it, so I did not reinstall the simulator and now I cant duplicate the services crashing

Charging up batteries heading out to test
Would it not be nuts if the simulator was what was causing all the issues on android

You know pirate that's funny now that you mention it my services began crashing every or every other flight about the same time. I have been using my iOS phone since, but itd be nice to use the edge I have dedicated to solo with it. I too use it just for solo or other related apps and there's no reason for a crash, the specs are way past any iOS or many other androids options and it even happens after shutting down all the bloat ware and garbage. If ya figure anything out let me know.

Still in the process of figuring out my stability issues, I'm going to update and reinstall everything before sending in a ticket I guess.

What I am getting is :
Android

App 2.20
Solo 2.3-01
Autopilot 1.2.23
gimbal 1.3.6
controller 2.3-01
controller firmware 1.2.8

However my Android still showed UPDATE icon, for me to update controller and solo. I done so twice.
I think it is because my 3DR service was not updated, yet after I updated my 3DR service.

The update icon still is showing and now I am on my 4th update ...LOL.

Will let u guys know how it goes........
Exactly the same for me....have updated at least 6 times...update icon still showing

Rebuilt Follow to improve Follow pointing accuracy and unlock new Follow Modes

Hopefully it fixes the stuck RTH slider bug
Rusty i have downloaded the 2.3.0-1 software and the RTH slider problem has fixed...still getting the update icon showing even after repeated installs

Dawg,

Your app is still on 2.2, it should be on 2.3.

Jerry
Just updated to 2.3 today. No change with GoPro BUT now I have no maps! Prior to update I had no problem getting goggle sat maps. Now all I can get are the generic views.
How do we get maps on iOS now?

Last edited:
2.3.0 with Follow updates is now available on iOS
@franknitty69 , you had mentioned earlier that the update fixed the trigger, but tried a survey today and didn't work. Before upgrading I put the original shotmanager back and removed the modified one. Tower is showing the trigger WP with instructions to trigger every xx feet. Did a couple restarts of the apps, tablet and Solo but no go. Any idea?

Jubalr Have you checked that you got the updated shotManager.py? Mine didn't update. See the last posts in 3dr-tower-missing-survey in help section.

Jubalr Have you checked that you got the updated shotManager.py? Mine didn't update. See the last posts in 3dr-tower-missing-survey in help section.
Funny, as you were posting that I was checking the file. I hadn't updated either, so I replaced it with the new one Frank sent you. Thanks..Should be good to go now. Will fly a survey in the morning.

Flew the Solo for about 20 minutes after the software update on the iPad and it did great.
Activated RTH at the end and it sat down within about 1 Ft of where I launched it from.

Lock time for Sats was still 8+ minutes, even with the spacer mod but GPS lock accuracy was improved - for this flight.
It will be interesting to see if that's the new "norm" after the update.

Rusty i have downloaded the 2.3.0-1 software and the RTH slider problem has fixed...still getting the update icon showing even after repeated installs

I had the same issue. I uninstalled the Solo app, and reinstalled it. No more update icon.

Reactions: SteveReno and agd
Flew the Solo for about 20 minutes after the software update on the iPad and it did great.
Activated RTH at the end and it sat down within about 1 Ft of where I launched it from.

Lock time for Sats was still 8+ minutes, even with the spacer mod but GPS lock accuracy was improved - for this flight.
It will be interesting to see if that's the new "norm" after the update.
That is way too long to wait- wonder how much flight time you are losing.:eek:

Have you considered the M8N GPS mod? I'm usually off the ground in about 1-2 min.

Reactions: agd
Heads Up.

If you download the new update to an iPhone 6S or iPad mini 3, the app crashes. Zero help from the support team.

That is way too long to wait- wonder how much flight time you are losing.:eek:

Have you considered the M8N GPS mod? I'm usually off the ground in about 1-2 min.

Flight time loss? I don't know but it must be several minutes.
I've looked at the M8N GPS mod but I was hopeful that the spacer mod would help and it hasn't.
I'm going to wait to see if it takes so long to lock before my next flight tomorrow.

Yup the uninstall was the go to rid the update icon.
Recently installed the gimbal and the new firmware update and am now barely getting 15 min fly time ???
Got to buy more batteries, but here in New Zealand they cost $399 !!

What I am getting is :
Android

App 2.20
Solo 2.3-01
Autopilot 1.2.23
gimbal 1.3.6
controller 2.3-01
controller firmware 1.2.8

However my Android still showed UPDATE icon, for me to update controller and solo. I done so twice.
I think it is because my 3DR service was not updated, yet after I updated my 3DR service.

The update icon still is showing and now I am on my 4th update ...LOL.

Will let u guys know how it goes........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44