Great video- lots of imagination and work went into that!

So, what was the total cost to get Solo back into the air?

Reactions: Skyview
Great video- lots of imagination and work went into that!

So, what was the total cost to get Solo back into the air?

Thanks! Had fun shooting it. Parts and repairs were 200+ for the Solo. Probably could have bought another one for a bit more, but it wouldn't have been as much fun. And I learned a lot! Also, as my first Solo, it had gotten me some great footage and experiences. I felt it deserved a chance to fly again.

Great video, and I’m stoked to see that it could be recovered and repaired ! Good Job my man

That was awesome. Well done! I think the best thing that happened was the battery becoming dislodged on impact. Water damage can be dried out, as you proved, but, bad things would happened with electricity going through it in the water...

Thanks! Had fun shooting it. Parts and repairs were 200+ for the Solo. Probably could have bought another one for a bit more, but it wouldn't have been as much fun. And I learned a lot! Also, as my first Solo, it had gotten me some great footage and experiences. I felt it deserved a chance to fly again.
Not only did you learn a lot but we did too. You showed that Solo can be recovered from water and be brought back to life...maybe.o_O
Most people would have given up and bought a new one- but America wasn't built by quitters.:)

Here's my video about salvaging and restoring my Solo and Hero 3+ after they crashed into a freezing river.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Absolutely amazing!

Nice! Yeah, guilty here of thinking what you paid to rent the wet suit would have paid for a refurb Hero 3+....
Nope. Average 1 day rental in places I've looked is $35. Still can't quite buy a GP3+ for that...

Here's my video about salvaging and restoring my Solo and Hero 3+ after they crashed into a freezing river.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I hate this happened to u .but I gotta say I really really enjoyed ur video. .well done! ..just goes to show how tough these birds really are. .if I didn't own one already this video would have made me buy one. .

Good thing there was no or very little current in the river!

Wow, my hat's off to you for going into an icy river in a we're suit, and a loose fitting one at that! I'm a coward when it comes to cold water, if it's under 75 degrees, I'm in my dry suit!

Would love to know more details on what needed to be repaired/replaced on the main board. Always currious what components can survive submersion in eater and what obes can't... Generally speaking of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig