Solo on sale at Amazon during Prime day.

It's here: Amazon.com: 3DR Solo with Pre-Installed Gimbal (Black): Camera & Photo

You have to be an Amazon Prime member--and for whatever reason it says 1-2 months shipping time. Trying to get to the bottom of this.

I've had a horrendous time trying to buy one direct from 3DR from the Independence Day sale--my order has been cancelled three times now and their system won't explain why. I believe it may have to do with the fact that I'm working in Kenya right now and ordered from here (I live in NJ). Their system must have flagged my account as I even had a family member log in to my account from the US and that didn't work. I did ask Mr. Vu to honour the sale price and he agreed. My mother in law was going to try and order today through a new account and card until I just saw this sale with the backpack.

Anyone have any information on why 3DR would state 1-2 months shipping?

In a holding pattern...

Best Buy had same July 4th sale. I bought one from them. The Amazon deal is even better because you also get a backpack. I just bought one. I expect the delay is just a precaution if orders exceed inventory.

Signed up for the amazon credit card and received $50 dollars for approval. So I got the bundle for $549. Pretty excited about that.

First time I'd ever heard about Prime Day but I haven't been a prime member for very long.

That was a smoking deal on the solo
I got a BBQ thermometer half price, but nothing else lured me to hit buy.
I have two solos already

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Interesting... Solo with backpack combo deal, $599.
Solo bought alone - no controller or pack - $699. What a deal!

I try to rationalize purchase of another one by thinking how much the motor pods and other pieces cost. Had they not thrown in the backpack, I might have passed. Seeing the cross post someone put up from Chris A. looks the the very beginning of a deliberate phase out. I like the platform and intend to ride it out. It will be interesting to see if they embark on software updates for new capabilities, but hopefully will continue to patch bugs. They should get square with Android version soon.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
When I ordered, I did not see a specific reference to pre-installed gimbal. Not that it matters a whole lot, but if it does in fact arrive with gimbal installed, I'll be curious to see how they would officially route the cables etc. will check back in when it arrives and let you know.

i believe i missed a similarly deal for the dji p4 a while back. i'm sure we'll see better deals as new models are manufactured. i would purchase another solo and p4 at these prices, glad you were quick enough to jump and will be looking forward as to the gimbal install and cable routeing info!

Brand new to the 3DR realm. Got a UD! U818A for Christmas which I wore out very quickly but got hooked in the process. Spent countless hours studying my options and since I'm much more interested in photography than flying thought I did good choosing the Solo. Then I joined this Community and perusing the threads I am now both sufficiently scared that I will wreak my bird and very disappointed to learn 3DR is bailing out of the consumer side.
I purchased my Solo on Amazon Prime Day so at least I got a good deal.

Question: Has anyone gotten any news or explanation why the delivery date was pushed out so far? Amazon put a Aug 4-9 expected arrival on my order.

I'm thinking I was to order the prop guards and leg extensions to give me more of a chance should I meet with disaster. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

I had the prop guards but sold them. IMO they make Solo unstable. I would recommend leg extenders. I like the Polar Pro LED's though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado