Solo Leg in Picture

Hi FLZ,

That is great advice from Maddog above... I just wanted to add something on top his great advice as an option which will also help you as well if you chose to go that direction.

I am a brand new 3DR Owner but have been following it's development from the beginning... There is a company called Relish3D that makes some nice 3D printed accessories for 3DR. I was just about to order a couple of items from them tonight to modify My primary Solo. (That sale was so sweet, I purchased a backup). Quick note, I have zero affiliation with 3D Relish and I don't rep them in any way shape or form. A fellow Filmmaker recommended them to me knowing that I was prepping for a 7 week job in Brazil.

Now.. these guys make a little slider that you can attach to the 3DR that will allow you to side the two front legs 20mm away from the camera keeping it out of your frame.

Here is the link: Solo Sliders

They have a really good tutorial on how to install the mod:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And here is a shout out to Grandpa Jake who also made a nice video on the system:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am headed there now to get the sliders, the Solo Extenders V2 and the flat ribbon hdmi which seem like great little mods... I hope this helps.

PS: To the board... There are a LOT of helpful/knowledgeable people that post here so please weigh in if you see a better solution or have great advice... The more I learn, the more I realize that I have more to learn.

Cheers.
I just completed an upgrade to my HDMI cable, installed the "FLAT RIBBON" HDMI, so while I was at it I installed the "SLIDERS" as well! Bottom line, if you are going use some of the faster flying options/maneuvers and recording video, I would say that the sliders would be a great option upgrade to avoid the left leg popping into your videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000