1rst time owner of solo 3DR drone.

• Thread starter Deleted member 22102
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22102

Hello everyone. I had this drone fall in my lap so I decided to put the mRo GPS black board-go pro hero 4-air screws-lift kit and have not turned it on yet. I never had a drone b4. I had a 12inch and 24inch helicopter years ago and wasn't awful flying them but far from great. So I have some anxiety about just turning it on and trying to fly. If anyone has the time to school me on the best way to get started please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Should I do a hard reset? Should I buy the solex 3DR app? The reason I have anxiety is the GPS and camera. I would hate to take it out and just try to fly manually but I'm not ready.

I can't tell if your name is Deleted Member or I'm replying to a void. :)

I would recommend attempting to fly first, before doing any (more) modifications. Just to make sure your kit works before putting time & parts into it.

Your first flight should be completely uneventful and boring. If you're coming from r/c helicopters, you're in for something completely different. Flying a Solo is more like driving an R/C car.

Your first flight will be to arm the motors, fly straight up 10 meters or so, and let go of the controls. It will over right there, 10 meters over where you took off. Once you're convinced it does this well, lower the stick and it will land right where it took off. That's your first flight, and you didn't use anything but throttle up/down. :)

DO NOT BUY SOLEX.. it's garbage, and the author is anonymous, without any means of contact in the app or outside. It also doesn't work and will get stuck calibrating your IMU, so hopefully I saved you some wasted money there.

Reactions: Jim Reed
I’m new to 3dr iris drone with a GoPro 4 camera and I don’t know where to connect the black and white wires? There is a six pin setup I believe the black wire goes on the top right but I don’t know where the white wire goes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig