Solo HDMI out to Dominator V3

Reaction score
It has been rumored/reported that the Dom V3s, while matching the HDMI output of the Solo Controller HDMI (1280x720, aka 720p), do not work.

Surely somebody has the V3s and a Solo. If you do, can you please report on a real-world case of this scenario?

It has been rumored/reported that the Dom V3s, while matching the HDMI output of the Solo Controller HDMI (1280x720, aka 720p), do not work.

Surely somebody has the V3s and a Solo. If you do, can you please report on a real-world case of this scenario?
Haven't tried that one specifically yet. I have tried a bunch though. Everything from a no name battery powered screen to my 50 inch LCD to a 70 in touch screen, and it works. That tells me It puts out standard 720p.

^^ Thanks, I see no reason it should not work, but hearing specifically that it didn't work threw me off enough to go into a holding pattern. We shall see.

Haven't tried that one specifically yet. I have tried a bunch though. Everything from a no name battery powered screen to my 50 inch LCD to a 70 in touch screen, and it works. That tells me It puts out standard 720p.
HeadPlay?

Due to receive my hd head play in a few weeks, hoping it works
Had the chance to use one this last weekend but did not have a mini-HDMI cable. You will need a type c (mini) HDMI connector for HeadPlay and of course a micro HDMI for the Solo controller.

Got my Head Play last night and just plugged them in and they worked perfect. Will fly them in a day or so and report back. Also I am receiving the Fat shark V3 on Monday I will report how they work.

Got my Head Play last night and just plugged them in and they worked perfect. Will fly them in a day or so and report back. Also I am receiving the Fat shark V3 on Monday I will report how they work.
Awesome. Thanks, looking forward to your results!

While we are discussing HP, where would be the best place to aquire these and are they as good as the reviews? Thanks.

Dom hD's did not work even though solo controller outputs hdmi just fine to every other display device on the planet.

I have Dom hd's v2 on order but it uses the same hdmi circuitry so I don't have any faith that it will work either. I guess we'll see.

Used HeadPlay with Solo today. Make note you will need mini HDMI (HeadPlay) to micro HDMI (Solo) cable or combination of adapters to make the connection.

The video is very clear and clean at 720p (which is max res of HeadPlay and Solo video stream). I couldn't quite focus the screen without squinting (eyes are getting bad). There is a sharpness setting but no focus that I know of. All in all very nice.

Got my Dom V3s today and when I powered them up with solo I could not get video and a side affect was it bricked the controller. Power down the controller unhook the batt for 15 sec. or so power up controller without the fatshark mini hdmi cable an solo was live again. Used a different hdmi cable that I used on my Head Play and Dom V3s power up and video is great with solo. tried to go back to the cable that came with the Dom V3 goggles and same problem no video. Something in the cable the adaptor is fine but to get these to work with solo you will have to use a different hdmi cable. I have a friend that had the same issue with his Dom. V3 goggles and solo and changing the cable fixed the issue.

Reactions: z-axis
I wonder what they are are doing in their cable that causes these issues. Perhaps someone with the two cables can probe the two cables with an ohm meter and see what is different?

the resolution of the googles shouldn't matter as long as it supports hdmi 720p which it does. i guess we'll see soon. i'm still on on pre-order status.

the resolution of the googles shouldn't matter as long as it supports hdmi 720p which it does. i guess we'll see soon. i'm still on on pre-order status.
but isn't the HD2 800x600 while the Solo controller is 1280x720? Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't think this would work, hence my not buying the HD2. Also HD V2 is 4:3 while Solo is 16:9...

Last edited:
but isn't the HD2 800x600 while the Solo controller is 1280x720? Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't think this would work, hence my not buying the HD2. Also HD V2 is 4:3 while Solo is 16:9...

the way the fatsharks with hdmi work is that as long as the source is sending 720p it will downscale the signal to the goggles resolution. The Dom V3 resolution is 800x480 and Jack verified that it works. The HD2 resolution is 800x600 and has the same hdmi circuitry as the Dom V3.

the problems with the previous V2 and Dom HD not working with solo wasn't the goggles resolution, it was the hdmi circuitry. it looks like fatshark changed it in the V3 and HD2.

hmm...the v3 is listed as 16:9 but 800x480 is 15:9.
But bottom line is that if it works, it works.
Just wish homeboy over at fpvlab would just set the record straight for once and all.

Do tell me 'bout the HD2 experience when you get 'em -- I can't wait to hear.

Last edited:
Used a different hdmi cable that I used on my Head Play and Dom V3s power up and video is great with solo.
@Jack Dunkle - When you connected the V3s with a different cable, did you have video as soon as they were switched to HDMI 2D selection or did you have to press record on the Gopro in the Solo app? I connected my V3 today and could only get video in the goggles if I pressed record in the Solo App.

UPDATE: I plugged in and powered up the goggles prior to powering up Solo controller and they worked fine. The 3DR logo shows up in the goggles along with a progress bar. When Solo controller connected to the Solo, the video showed in the goggles.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc