Avegant Glyph Goggles - Controller HDMi & Nvidia K1

SPP

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to update.

This GLYPH is kind of problematic.

01. GoPro
Its compability table showed that it will work with Hero4 Silver HDMI, nope it wont.
I am on GLYPH firmware 1.16, latest
I brought down my Silver4 to v3 firmware, still it can't work. Simply the GLPHY seems to be
waiting for a trigger signal, instead of doing handshake first...or something like that.

02. 3DR Controller HDMI out
Till I get extra white hair, it still did not work. Cycle GoPro power, still cant work.
Compatibility chart wrote as compatible.
Avegant Glyph | Set Up & Support

03. Nvidia K1 tablet. Its not 100% successful all the time to connect to K1 HDMI out.
I can connect when firmware of GLYPH is not 1.16, I cant remember the previous firmware.
Now I am on 1.16, totally no connection via HDMI
This K1 easily drive my TV and PC monitor.
There is a HDMI screen connection information, the GLYPH simply recognized as "NO HDMI "
Also, for K1, connection to GLYPH bluetooth can't happen. I need to use GLYPH Apps for this . Under setting of K1, I can see the name of the GLYPH as a transmitting bluetooth. But in GLYPH Apps, it can not detect headset's bluetooth. Even when I use manual pairing using K1 "setting", the headseat Apps still dont show it. With the Blackberry Priv, its all good, Priv can pair to GLYPH, and that is how I updated the GLYPH firmware. FW update of this headset need the App.

04. I can use my PC video card, GLYPH will work as a 720p monitor. No issue, even with GTX750Ti and GTX980

05. I can use my Android based Blackberry Priv 100% success, the HDMI out from Priv needs
the special USB to HDMI adapter.

06. I tested GLYPH with a HMDI over Cat 5 converter and signal booster, the GLYPH senses
that, but since it is native 1080p this converter, GLYPH shows warning that it cant accept 1080p signal.
This is from my 1080p CCTV as source.

Supposedly the GLYPH will trigger auto recognition or be recognized from a video signal source ( example video card ) that it is a 720p and the source will auto adjust. This is what the User Manual stated.

Connecting to Media
To connect to a device to watch video, use the included blue HDMI cable by plugging the small, micro
HDMI end into the left ear can and the other HDMI end into your playback device.

Devices that support HDMI output signals of 720p can be used. Most devices that are designed to be
connected to HDTVs and monitors typically will automatically switch output signals from 1080p to 720p
depending upon what they are connected to. Please consult your device’s user manual to be sure.
Most mobile devices other than PCs will require an adapter. For most of the current iOS devices, an
Apple Lightning to HDMI adapter is necessary for connection. For most Android smartphones that
support HDMI out, an MHL to HDMI or SlimPort to HDMI adapter will be required. Please consult your
device’s user manual to be sure, or check the compatibility chart at avegant.com/set-up-support.

So, now my only option is to fly using my blackberry priv HDMI output via converter, if I want to use GLYPH for Solo. I do not have DJI HDMI out from the controller, so I cant say with certainty if the GLYPH will work .
Comp Chart said it can and even DJI Inspire camera headtracking is said by users to work.

I maybe getting a defective headset which has choosy HDMI...maybe, but chances are low.

07. I have not got this Apple converter yet :
Lightning Digital AV Adapter
So I can't be certain if it will work 100% guaranteed.

I have not fly with it yet, so short summary.........

Hows the overall use ( when I managed to connect to K1 ) ?
- My right eye is old eye at +1.5 or so. Hence my right viewing cant be great, as the GLYPH can
only adjust to +1 and up to -7.

- This can be a useful drone PFV, indeed, one can't see pixels. Its very nice resolution and its
very bright. So using at night watching movies may get you blind...LOL.

- Since different people "dimension" is different, for me its comfort level is decent, not great.
Comfort level towards how easy my eyes are seeing equal image. If an eye move away from
accurate center position of screen, it gets dark.

Let me check with GLYPH support and let u know what remedy they offer :)

End of Report

update , with thyphoon H ST-16 HDMI out. It works 100%.

Your comment on Solo controller output. I was having similar troubles until I found that you need to turn the controller on AFTER Glyph is all connected and turned on. Solo controller has to find Glyph (HDMI output)during its initialization. This has worked for me ever since following this startup procedure.
Good luck

with the solo controller, the glyph has to be powered on and connected before the controller.

and glpyh isn't the only hdmi goggles with nuances. they all do this. i believe it has to do with how the hdmi copyright protection works.

also some hdmi goggles don't even work. for instance the fat shark dominator v2 and dominator hd v1 had hdmi in but only worked with 50% of the devices connected. this has been fixed in the dom v3 and dom hd v2.

okey guys, thanks. when me back in country, me test again.
I beleive I did at least once that controller powered later than Glyph.
K1 tablet I have recycled power many times, it did not work after the 1.63 firmware of glyph.
support of glyph keep pointing at possibility of faulty hdmi converter, yeah right, as though as I am dumb not to test against my TV and PC monitor all hdmi size converter :)

UPDATE

Your comment on Solo controller output. I was having similar troubles until I found that you need to turn the controller on AFTER Glyph is all connected and turned on. Solo controller has to find Glyph (HDMI output)during its initialization. This has worked for me ever since following this startup procedure.
Good luck

Hi Andy, what is your Glyph firmware no ?
I can connect to K1 Nvidia, but not solo's controller when I was on something older than the latest 1.16.
Now with 1.16 FW, total failure to connect.
I asked support how to roll back.

What you and Franknitty suggest for Solo's controller being powered later than the Glyph did not work .
I tried even GoPro ON or OFF, same thing.... handshake did not happen between Solo's controller and the Glyph.

I even rolled back my Nvidia K1 to older 1.2 firmware from 1.3 FW. No result too.
Since I seen my Nvidia K1 works with Glyph while headset firmware is older than 1.16 , rolling back the Glyph is my most reliable solution.:(

The only thing corrected itself with Nvidia K1 using older FW 1.2 to Glyphy is: the Glyph bluetooth App now can work with K1, previously it wont connect to Glyph when K1 on 1.3. However its a no use Apps unless to detect serial number and FW version of Glyph and do update of Glyph FW, if and when there is new firmware. There is no roll back feature in this Bluetooth App of Glyph.:oops:

Anyway thanks guys.

I need to know if I can connect an Android tablet to the controller, I only have micro USB and USB on the tablet, but the Solo Controller has mini HDMI out only.?

I need to know if I can connect an Android tablet to the controller, I only have micro USB and USB on the tablet, but the Solo Controller has mini HDMI out only.?

Solo to any tablet or smartphone is via wifi and not USB cable.
Video feed and telemetry from solo controller to smartphone/tablet 100% via wifi of controller and smartphone/tablet

UPDATE :
My K1 shield is now operating normal. I dont know what happened...LOL.
Use K1 shield HDMI output, so that you get telemetry overall on the Glyph.
I am assuming you are speaking of a Nvidia K1 tablet ?

So yes its like double wifi.
Solo Controller to Solo drone also wifi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421