Solo Grande..A DIY Build from Solo..

I hope you do not mind, but I borrowed a photo of the mighty Solo Grande as the main image for a new Facebook group. Se requiere un control de seguridad please let me know if it's not ok and I'll change it. Your build seems to be the inspiration for lots of folks!

An update regarding the build of my 'Solo Grande'. Things are coming along nicely and now in to more flight tests! The good news is that Smart Shots are going to be able to be used, with the exception of auto tilt control. That is something that has yet to be publicly cracked, and there is a feeling that may be close to a reality. What that means for now though is that shots like Orbit, MPCC and Zipline you will program the shots as usual and it will fly and orient the shot as usual, but tilting will need to be done using the tilt lever. But with the Pixhawk and iMx6 computer doing the flying, it still leaves the pilot free to concentrate on the tilt as needed.

I included a picture below next to a couple of Solos. It gives a greater idea to just how big this thing really is. Those are 24"x6 Props! (motors are rated for 28"). We are using the 24" for testing, but it actually flies better on the 21x7 CF. We are using both a GH4 and the Sony a6300 cameras on the home made gimbal with dual IMUs, 1 on the bird and 1 on the camera. Motors are the ultra big and efficient T-motor U8 170kv and we are powering them with 2 12000ma 6s in series (48v).

uc

Top cover removed to show Solo board.
uc

Why it is called 'Grande"!
uc

Arms fold down and legs outward. It will stand when folded.
uc
Hi Jubilar. I am very impressed and interested in your build! Could you possibly give me a parts list or something of that nature? Thank you!

He has not been on in a while
Been trying to track him down to end a pin out dispute but no luck so far

An update regarding the build of my 'Solo Grande'. Things are coming along nicely and now in to more flight tests! The good news is that Smart Shots are going to be able to be used, with the exception of auto tilt control. That is something that has yet to be publicly cracked, and there is a feeling that may be close to a reality. What that means for now though is that shots like Orbit, MPCC and Zipline you will program the shots as usual and it will fly and orient the shot as usual, but tilting will need to be done using the tilt lever. But with the Pixhawk and iMx6 computer doing the flying, it still leaves the pilot free to concentrate on the tilt as needed.

I included a picture below next to a couple of Solos. It gives a greater idea to just how big this thing really is. Those are 24"x6 Props! (motors are rated for 28"). We are using the 24" for testing, but it actually flies better on the 21x7 CF. We are using both a GH4 and the Sony a6300 cameras on the home made gimbal with dual IMUs, 1 on the bird and 1 on the camera. Motors are the ultra big and efficient T-motor U8 170kv and we are powering them with 2 12000ma 6s in series (48v).

uc

Top cover removed to show Solo board.
uc

Why it is called 'Grande"!
uc

Arms fold down and legs outward. It will stand when folded.
uc
hi bro, 2 question i need know how you conect the esc to solo controller, and you use 4s for the controller?

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if this is a custom frame or is it available as a kit somewhere? (Just the frame)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig