Solo GPS Rev A / Rev B Availability... Official

He has said multiple things about the GPS that I have found in contradiction. I think the rev. B does solve some issues related to power, but in most cases the properly shielded Rev A has been solid. I have a sneaking suspicion the little battery power is suspect to lock times on a cold start. I lock GPS in under 30 seconds from a warm boot. I need to take a meter to the GPS battery one day soon.

I agree, Philip is the man regarding Solo and for what info he releases to us minions. I think at this point more info could be divulged and would cause no harm. I want more details on Solo, but there is no path to request the info. I just want a simple outline drawing(s) of Solo for body modding purposes....and a couple of other details... Not everyone has AutoCAD or the like available to access the files.

I don't have it open in front of me to look... is it a replaceable button cell battery? Or something built in?

There are a lot of solos sold abroad!
How can we have this shield in Europe?
I think 3dr should start shipping in other countries too!

I'm not the only one then... it would be nice to buy straight from manufacturer...

How long did it take once you ordered? Still waiting on mine. Anxious to see the new results
About 10 days to FL. Came 1st class in a regular envelope. 3dr is not exactly like Amazon and seems to sit on orders for several days before getting them out the door.

Reactions: Jbmanning5
About 10 days to FL. Came 1st class in a regular envelope. 3dr is not exactly like Amazon and seems to sit on orders for several days before getting them out the door.

Ordered mine July 2nd...still hasn't shipped. This is my first poor customer service experience from 3dr since started using their products 3 years ago. Well...actually more of just an inconvenience.

How long did it take once you ordered? Still waiting on mine. Anxious to see the new results
10 days shipment to Germany. Ordered July 1.
The V2 shield rocks. Good results with the rev A GPS. Even better results with my m8n. Time to fix, HDOP and #sats significantly improved.
Cold start <40sec (new location)
Warm start <10 sec
HDOP <0.5 (m8n)
#sats 23-25 (m8n)

Better results than with any of my DIY drones and DJI gear.

Worth the money. No need to buy the "Rev B" GPS.

Reactions: George
10 days shipment to Germany. Ordered July 1.
The V2 shield rocks. Good results with the rev A GPS. Even better results with my m8n. Time to fix, HDOP and #sats significantly improved.
Cold start <40sec (new location)
Warm start <10 sec
HDOP <0.5 (m8n)
#sats 23-25 (m8n)

Better results than with any of my DIY drones and DJI gear.

Worth the money. No need to buy the "Rev B" GPS.

Impressive improvement! That's great to hear. Ordered mine yesterday, should have by the time my Solo arrives in August.

Ordered mine July 2nd...still hasn't shipped. This is my first poor customer service experience from 3dr since started using their products 3 years ago. Well...actually more of just an inconvenience.
Got mine about a week ago but still haven't installed. So many hobbies, so little time...

Ordered 2 on the 2nd, both came in on Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44