Solo Gimbal Trouble

Reaction score
Website
biz2.mx
Hi,

i just bought my SOLO and after 20 min of flight i have a crash with it, an air stream took the solo and hit it in my fence few feet away from the floor, i have 3 propels damage (already order new ones and prop guards) but the gimbal started to make crazy movement (video attached) i have tried some ways that found in this forum but still the same

Any chance to fix this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bobby, sorry about your crash. Anything is repairable if you have the skill sets. How are yours in electronics/electro-mechanics? Any other systems damaged?

Otherwise your probably looking at buying another gimbal.

LAK

Bobby, sorry about your crash. Anything is repairable if you have the skill sets. How are yours in electronics/electro-mechanics? Any other systems damaged?

LAK

Let's say i have the basics in electro-mechanics and like a basic-middle in electronics where can i search for a guide or something like that? i just make the investment in all the kit Solo, Gopro, Gimbal etc etc so to spend again it's make me thinking

LAK
About the other systems i make some test (without props) and seems to work fine everything else i have to wait to se when it has the props on it again and make a test fly

it is a long shot but you could try a level and compass calibrate
but honestly that looks like toast.
When you are first starting out get in a wide open filed not a fenced area.
good news is, the gimbals are a lot cheaper now then when they first came out

it is a long shot but you could try a level and compass calibrate
but honestly that looks like toast.
When you are first starting out get in a wide open filed not a fenced area.
good news is, the gimbals are a lot cheaper now then when they first came out

I already did a level and compass calibrate it make the gimbal less crazy but still with the problem, i give a shot in my back yard because i have big open space i didn't see the air coming and i just freeze my self i know i could make some move to avoid the crash but well it's a hard way learning

In that case, I would check the obvious first: Connectors/cables connected, undamaged and still properly routed (especially the gimbal's interface cables inside your drone). Also look carefully for other signs of mechanical damage like the gimbal rotated/twisted beyond the normal stops.

I know it sucks but at the very least your getting a better understanding of your drone's workings right?

Anyway I'm assuming the rest of your drone is functioning (replaced parts aside). Please correct that assumption if it is in error.

Boby, and forgive my impudence but, were you recording during the crash? (I do...whether I crash or not)

LAK

That's one jacked up gimbal. I'm unsure how you did the level calibrate, but in your video the boxes are of different heights. Could you take a video from the front of the Solo showing the gimbal convulsing and at the gimbal's level? Would be nice to see the gimbal plate as well, just an over all belly photo.

Have you taken the gimbal off to inspect?

Hi,

i just bought my SOLO and after 20 min of flight i have a crash with it, an air stream took the solo and hit it in my fence few feet away from the floor, i have 3 propels damage (already order new ones and prop guards) but the gimbal started to make crazy movement (video attached) i have tried some ways that found in this forum but still the same

Any chance to fix this?

Reactions: RichWest
Boby, and forgive my impudence but, were you recording during the crash? (I do...whether I crash or not)

LAK

It was the only moment i was not recording, i have before and after the crash i think i forget to push the red button sorry

That's one jacked up gimbal. I'm unsure how you did the level calibrate, but in your video the boxes are of different heights. Could you take a video from the front of the Solo showing the gimbal convulsing and at the gimbal's level? Would be nice to see the gimbal plate as well, just an over all belly photo.

Have you taken the gimbal off to inspect?

I made the calibration outside in a wood deck, i put the solo in that place to view the gimbal moving, i have remove the gimbal to verify every connections and all seems fine

I have tried this many times, but i'm not sure why in the video the silver part can turn and in my gimbal it's like glued i don't know if is that the problem or in the new gimbal that piece can't move

Just a quick observation. If you crash and cause physical damage to the gimbal, I don't think you would see it moving like it does in your video. Although it's clearly malfunctioning, one thing that is clear in your video is that it's "working"....in the sense that the motors all seem to be free and functioning...just very wildly. So that may be a good thing. It could just be a an issue with a wire or a circuit board inside that came loose. I would remove the gimbal totally and inspect all the wires and make sure nothing came loose.

Just a quick observation. If you crash and cause physical damage to the gimbal, I don't think you would see it moving like it does in your video. Although it's clearly malfunctioning, one thing that is clear in your video is that it's "working"....in the sense that the motors all seem to be free and functioning...just very wildly. So that may be a good thing. It could just be a an issue with a wire or a circuit board inside that came loose. I would remove the gimbal totally and inspect all the wires and make sure nothing came loose.
I just checked all the wires and open all the access that i find, verify any lose cable or something like that and i will check now and make some test, it just arrived the new propels and the guards finally!

Hi,

"an air stream took the solo and hit it in my fence few feet away from the floor"

Let's examine this statement for a minute. What is an Air Stream, and how did it "Take" your solo?

Let me guess you mean: somehow the air grabbed your solo and pushed it away from where it was hovering.
This is not really likely unless you lost your gps fix. This can happen often when one is coming in for a landing,
in an area surrounded by hills or trees or other obstructions. But a good pilot knows to turn the solo away from himself while landing, so the controls work as intended, or better yet is able to do the mental mapping, necessary to control the bird with the control actions reversed. In any case your solo is too expensive to wreck learning how to fly a drone. Get a cheap something like a Nano QX And practice launching, flying and landing under various wind conditions. Once you've wrecked that, and hopefully learned some lessons then come back to the solo.

Reactions: Boby B

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela