Solo Development Area

At least 4 or 5 of those would have prevented some issues I've experienced! Thanks carpy for compiling that list!

fliersguy and I flew with firmware 1.5.2 today--worked great. Standard stuff, nothing too challenging. I give it a big thumbs up!

Reactions: fliersguy
fliersguy and I flew with firmware 1.5.2 today--worked great. Standard stuff, nothing too challenging. I give it a big thumbs up!

Did you use Mission Planner to upload the 1.5.2 firmware?

Did you use Mission Planner to upload the 1.5.2 firmware?
Just SSh into the Solo file system and put the file in the /root/firmware directory. Re-boot and enjoy....

Just SSh into the Solo file system and put the file in the /root/firmware directory. Re-boot and enjoy....

Have you actually done this? There is a bit more to this than what has been posted above. I would urge a bit of caution unless you follow the correct steps to upgrade your firmware.

Have you actually done this? There is a bit more to this than what has been posted above. I would urge a bit of caution unless you follow the correct steps to upgrade your firmware.
Yes, I did exactly that. DL'd the PX4 file and placed in the /firmware directory on root. When you re-boot, the IMX6 will see the file and update. When done it copies the file to the /firmware/loaded directory. You will then see that version when you check through the Solo app. No need to make it more complicated by using the putty command line option, when you can drag & drop with something simple like Winscp..

From the Ardupilot.org site:
  • Use scp to copy the ArduCopter-v2.px4 file from your PC to [email protected]:/firmware (i.e. the firmware directory on the IMX6 on the Solo vehicle). Windows users in particular may want to install Putty and use a command like below:
C:\Progra~2\PuTTY\pscp.exe -pw SSH-PASSWORD -scp ArduCopter-v2.px4 [email protected]:/firmware/

Note

The SSH-PASSWORD should be replaced with the actual ssh password for your vehicle. This password has not yet been officially released by 3DR, but we expect it will be in the near future.

• Reboot the vehicle and the vehicle’s IMX6 should load the firmware onto the Pixhawk2 (you should see the regular rainbow colours on the arm LEDs as the upload proceeds).
  • After uploading the firmware is moved to the /firmware/loaded directory.

Reactions: fliersguy and carpy
Nice. For others using WinSCP or FileZilla, use 'root' for the user and default password 'TjSDBkAu'.

For those that care, I chatted with 3DR Tech Support and confirmed that loading the Latest release of the firmware will not void your warranty.

Releases · 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo · GitHub

Worked like a charm for me using WinSCP - logged right in, looked around the file system - downloaded the existing file on the Solo (just in case) and then uploaded the new one to the /firmware folder as root. Power cycled the Solo, drone upgraded and showing 1.5.2 on the App on my phone. Appreciate the help!

Reactions: carpy
Hello all,
I Too also loaded the new 1.5.2 firmware on my Solo, So I took a test flight and experienced very erratic behavior when landing, I had to quickly switch into manual flight mode as I was desending because the solo spun up its props like a demon and veered wildly to my left. this is the first time I've experienced this behaviour? I've had at least 25 flights with no such issues. Pre-flight Solo had good gps lock 14 plus satellites, no magnetic inteference, and no level issues before take off. The only thing I did different was I manually took off by arming the motors with the left stick and also manually throttled up. One thing to note as the solo was landing the battery was blinking with 2 led's lit even though I took off at 36% went to 90 feet and immedately started my decent. Should I be concerned with this latest Firmware or was this a Fluke? Also any problem reverting back to 1.3.1 ?? Thanks in advance all!

Well, it's hard to say. Send me your tlogs and I will have a look. After loading the firmware, your Solo forced you to do a level calibration correct?

After observing the video footage from the solo I'm thinking The Polar pro prop guards installed on the Solo may have contributed to this erratic behaviour . It almost seemed like it was trying to over correct for a fast descent the prop guards seemed to act like drag chutes causing the solo to pitch while descending..Not quite sure but I'll give it a fly this afternoon sans Prop guards...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000