Solo Development Area

Mine is 2012, different CPU and older Android.
I haven't seen many people using the 2012. Most with the 7 are on the 2013. I can see where there would be issues with the older version.

I have a friend with a 2013 Nexus 7, I'll see if I can borrow it for a test.

I'm just going to leave this here. :)

Deep Drone: A Flying Object Detector with caffe, dronekit, and zeromq

Deep Drone project V1:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

amazing. excellent use of dronekit. my team didn't make this year's dji's dev challenge (we missed the deadline), but they are still forging on. their priority is: using solo to detect objects, having solo autonomously navigate around objects and having solo auto land and take off from a moving platform.

Last edited:
amazing. excellent use of dronekit. my team didn't make this year's dji's dev challenge (we missed the deadline), but they are still forging on. their priority is: using solo to detect objects, having solo autonomously navigate around objects and having solo auto land and take off from a moving.

I'm interested in hearing more about the project and how it processes. I wish you the best!

Perhaps one day we'll be able to implement this technology into the Solo as well.

Reactions: franknitty69
Plan C FLYS!!

This is a raw video, no music, no edits, and I'm certainly NOT a videographer.
The thermal image is running with auto-ranging so the palette changes dramatically, I'm not sure I like that and will be experimenting with other display formats. But, for now it's going to be fun to play with. The code is sort of stable, but still needs work.
I got around the lack of "record to camera roll" by using AZ Screen Recorder:
AZ Screen Recorder - No Root - Android Apps on Google Play
Some times it crashes, but mostly it's great.

A screenshot from a video I just took out in our horse corral.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016_04_24_18_28_57.mp4.png
    Screenshot from 2016_04_24_18_28_57.mp4.png
    720.1 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Tamj
Plan C FLYS!!

This is a raw video, no music, no edits, and I'm certainly NOT a videographer.
The thermal image is running with auto-ranging so the palette changes dramatically, I'm not sure I like that and will be experimenting with other display formats. But, for now it's going to be fun to play with. The code is sort of stable, but still needs work.
I got around the lack of "record to camera roll" by using AZ Screen Recorder:
AZ Screen Recorder - No Root - Android Apps on Google Play
Some times it crashes, but mostly it's great.

I'm loving this! Are there any plans to share the code?

The code was developed and posted here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/therma...out-flir-one-for-android/msg832553/#msg832553
It has since seen a few "refinements" as it isn't the prettiest piece of work.
I do development on my Dell XPS 8900 desktop.
linux kernel, libusb, v4l2loopback, gstreamer. All run on my embedded platforms like they do on my desktop.
Someday I might put up a how-to, but it's my busy season and won't have time any time soon.

Reactions: RichWest and Tamj
The code was developed and posted here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/therma...out-flir-one-for-android/msg832553/#msg832553
It has since seen a few "refinements" as it isn't the prettiest piece of work.
I do development on my Dell XPS 8900 desktop.
linux kernel, libusb, v4l2loopback, gstreamer. All run on my embedded platforms like they do on my desktop.
Someday I might put up a how-to, but it's my busy season and won't have time any time soon.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've been trying to get a stable stream to use in python but the v4l2loopback library that is listed in 3DR's github has been giving me hell.

i remember 3DR posting about this last year. i'm so glad this is possible on the solo with mpcc.

Interesting. As I only joined the Solo world a few months ago, I missed that announcement. Could you point me to the source?

Interesting. As I only joined the Solo world a few months ago, I missed that announcement. Could you point me to the source?

are you on the facebook owners group? Niels Joubert, one of the developers posted back in october. I tried the source code back then but there were files missing. The repo hasn't been updated since september so i'm not sure what what the status of the project is.

are you on the facebook owners group? Niels Joubert, one of the developers posted back in october. I tried the source code back then but there were files missing. The repo hasn't been updated since september so i'm not sure what what the status of the project is.

I just recently joined. Unfortunately, it being on a Facebook page, it's incredibly uncluttered so it's hard to filter out actual contributions from people and those just asking questions.

If it's the same project, I can see how it can take a long time. It looks really polished now.

Would you happen to still have the source code?

It takes a bit of practice but searching the group can work.
I do wish those groups were in a forum format.
There is just flat out awesome stuff out there

Thanks a lot, the first reply is a beast.

+1 on setting up a new discussion group

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig