Solo Cube (Pixhawk 2.0) modification for 5v PWM (safety, and ArduCopter compatibility)

than to remove this jumper? soldering iron or just cut it?

Attachments

• PIC013-1 (1).jpg
    PIC013-1 (1).jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 61
Practice on some scrap SMD parts/boards first, a hot air tool can ruin your day in an awful hurry if you are not experienced with it.

I have a PixHawk2.0 with the
-installed open solo application 3.0.0
-wired 5volt mod

I need to install firmware 3.5.4 through the sollex or WinSCP?
Or first install
(2) Wipe Pixhawk Firmware for 5v mod and then
(3) ArduCopter 3.5.2 Firmware for 5v mod?

Attachments

• solo.jpg
    solo.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 40
I have a PixHawk2.0 with the
-installed open solo application 3.0.0
-wired 5volt mod

I need to install firmware 3.5.4 through the sollex or WinSCP?
Or first install
(2) Wipe Pixhawk Firmware for 5v mod and then
(3) ArduCopter 3.5.2 Firmware for 5v mod?

I'm not sure what you're reading, but those installation packages haven't existed for a very long time.

The automatic installers in Solex will not work, since they will detect the stock cube and prohibit the installation. You will need to install firmware manually. Download it from here: OpenSolo/documentation. Right click the ArduCopter-v3_3.5.4_Solo.px4 file and save as to your PC. Then use WinSCP or whatever to drop it into the /firmware/ directory on the Solo. Reboot and let it install. You may need to reboot again if it doesn't complete after about 5 minutes. That happen on those older cubes sometimes.

After installation is complete and it reconnects, you will need to do a parameter reset and reboot. Level calibration and reboot. Compass calibration and reboot. And set all the various settings to your liking.

What was the temperature of the adjustable electronic heat hot air gun?

I am bit confused but I know how to solder chips on computers so I am not deterred by the job. Here is my question: do you need to get open solo on it first (and now open solo detects if you have green cube or the stock cube) and then do the hack? Thanks.
I have two solos, one with green cube and second one running stock solo and stock cube. I want to do this mod on the stock cube.

I am bit confused but I know how to solder chips on computers so I am not deterred by the job. Here is my question: do you need to get open solo on it first (and now open solo detects if you have green cube or the stock cube) and then do the hack? Thanks.
I have two solos, one with green cube and second one running stock solo and stock cube. I want to do this mod on the stock cube.
3DR Solo Cube 5v modification (Run ArduCopter safely with stock cube) – Madhacker.org
Good documentation here.

The mod is only feeding 5V to the PWM right? so still unsafe to fly as the pods still get variable voltage?

The mod is only feeding 5V to the PWM right? so still unsafe to fly as the pods still get variable voltage?
It's not the supply voltage to the motors/ESCs that drops, it's the signaling voltage to the ESCs that drops. When the signal goes below threshold, the ESCs reboot mid-flight. Not a good time.

This mod ensures there's enough overhead so that even under load the signal voltage doesn't drop below that threshold for ESC reset.

Reactions: XevetS
than to remove this jumper? soldering iron or just cut it?
When I broke away, the jumper was not there!
Can I solder only a 5 volt wire?
Under the buffer there was no jumper
No one knows?

Attachments

• PIC013-1 (1).jpg
    PIC013-1 (1).jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Do I need to cut this segment?
and solder the wire to 5 volts?
PIC011_1.jpg

Last edited: