Solo Apps- Android 7.0

Reaction score
Having trouble with GCS apps (Solex/Tower/Solo) on my Samsung Galaxy S7E. Everything worked fine when the phone was on Android 6.0, now when it is upgraded to Android 7.0 the phone sees Solo controllers, but not the vehicles themselves.

For example, the 3DR app shows the icon for the controller but not the quadcopter, and says 'Vehicle Not Detected' and 'Looking for Solo' when connected to the Sololink wifi.

Various controller/vehicle combos, on Open Solo, and stock firmware.

Everything works fine on K1 Shield running Android 7.0.

Is there any work-around to this issue with Samsung phones?

EDIT: SOLVED: Problem was an app called AdGuard...

Last edited:
Try clearing the cache on the apps. If that fails, do a full uninstall and re-install, I'm using the Galaxy 7 and Android 7 with no issues using Solex..

Cleared data for each app, wiped system cache, uninstalled each app. No luck.

I suppose the next step is a clean install of the OS.

Good to know it is working for you, otherwise I would flash back to 6.0.

Have you tried re-pairing the drone and controller? Remember, the drone connects to the controller, the controller connects to the app on the phone. The app does not connect to the drone itself. All communication goes through the controller.

If you've cleared the cache, uninstalled the apps, you may need to set up the connections again.

First noticed the issue when doing factory resets and OpenSolo installs on two birds. Then saw the same thing on two birds that were already set up.

So first confirm that the Solo is linking to the controller. ie. Can you control the bird with the controller or is the controller saying "Waiting for solo"?

Controller and quad are connected for sure.

Just did a factory reset on the phone, issue remains- can't connect phone to quad.

Controller and quad are connected for sure.

Just did a factory reset on the phone, issue remains- can't connect phone to quad.
At the risk of being flamed : are you sure you're connected to the sololink wifi?

It's a very good point, a lot of people don't realise that you need to hit the "Connect" button on the Solex homescreen, even if you have the Wi Fi set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc