Solex for Solo

One other thing to note when trying to adjust the sliders for vehicle settings: Make sure the 'HIGH TRAFFIC' message is not displayed anymore on the screen. I can't remember if you can even access the sliders before it goes away, but just a thought.
You know I hadn't noticed that, I'll pay closer attention next time I encounter that issue.

I did forget to mention (I honestly ment to in my last) that I can be pretty impatient at times, and I was just probably trying to move a slider after the solex decided to rewrite the script, but before it was done. I'll try to be more patient next time.

LOL, thanks! Best of luck with MPCC. Wide open spaces are the best. If there's anything within 100' feet of where I'm flying a smart shot, my thumb hovers over the FLY button. :)

Ditto on the fly button!

First thing I did after my crash was to learn all the failsafe features, including the user enduced ones. ;)

Oh, right, that's true. When the "High message traffic" message is showing, the "Vehicle Settings" item on the menu is disabled. Otherwise, it's trying to "solve" that problem and retrieve all of Solo's settings at the same time. If all the messages were flowing through a hose, it would burst right then. :)
I understand, and agree of it's purpose. Seems it's user error (aka impatient) with the exception of the selfie, to which I can live without as MPCC seems it'll suffice and then some. :)

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE, selfie works on solex for me.
TBH,
It's the only "automatic flight mode" I have used as yet.

Small steps. Small steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SARDG
Great app!
Starting to get used to it now.

Have some question to Kelly.

1. I know you released new features and update, so what plans do you have for upcoming updates?

2. I heard someone experiencing app crashes resulting in RTL. I have not yet experienced this, and hope to avoid it. Are there any tricks to reduce the risk of this to happen?

3. I see pressing the home key on my mobile triggers 3D app disconnected in the controller screen.
What will happen if I accidently press the home key on my mobile or someone calls while in flight? The app will still be running in the background. Will it RTL, or keep flying?

Thanks for all your work. Hoping for continued support and development of the app.

Last edited:
Great app!
Starting to get used to it now.

Have some question to Kelly.

1. I know you released new features and update, so what plans do you have for upcoming updates?

2. I heard someone experiencing app crashes resulting in RTL. I have not yet experienced this, and hope to avoid it. Are there any tricks to reduce the risk of this to happen?

3. I see pressing the home key on my mobile triggers 3D app disconnected in the controller screen.
What will happen if I accidently press the home key on my mobile or someone calls while in flight? The app will still be running in the background. Will it RTL, or keep flying?

Thanks for all your work. Hoping for continued support and development of the app.

Thanks!

1. I'm continuing to work on it and release updates, and the plan for the near (and not-so-near) future is to continue. I'm working on it, but I've also been spending the last month remodeling my office, which is taking longer than I expected. :)

2. Crashes of the app don't result in an RTL. If there are crashes of the app, I'm interested to know what's causing them, and I fix them as soon as I find out. the fixes appear in the next update.

3. If you press Home, it effectively closes the app, which causes a disconnect. It has no effect at all on flight, and the copter won't RTL as a result. Just open the app again, it will re-connect, and you can continue. If someone calls, same story.

Thanks,
Kelly

@Kelly Schrock I experienced my first crash of Solex this weekend, and honestly I think it was self induced since I was messing around with network settings on my tablet before I went out to fly. I was able to "stabilize" Solex by deleting and reinstalling from the Google Play store. Since Solex was acting up before I started flying I was able to avoid any problems with my Solo and I was able to fly until I didn't have any charged batteries left.

My question for you:
What is the best way to get you data when the app crashes?

Here are a few relevant follow-ups:
Is the Android built-in crash reporter the best way to get feedback to you?
Are there other useful files that Solex users should try to capture for you?
Is there anything that you would like us to include in the Android crash reporter that would be helpful? (what about 3drpilots.com handle or email address in case you have questions?)

From what I can tell, there isn't anyone who doesn't like Solex, so if you're going to keep working on development I'm sure we all want to help any way we can. Are there any changes we can make in how we use Solex that will help you as you continue to develop Solex?

@Kelly Schrock I experienced my first crash of Solex this weekend, and honestly I think it was self induced since I was messing around with network settings on my tablet before I went out to fly. I was able to "stabilize" Solex by deleting and reinstalling from the Google Play store. Since Solex was acting up before I started flying I was able to avoid any problems with my Solo and I was able to fly until I didn't have any charged batteries left.

My question for you:
What is the best way to get you data when the app crashes?

Here are a few relevant follow-ups:
Is the Android built-in crash reporter the best way to get feedback to you?
Are there other useful files that Solex users should try to capture for you?
Is there anything that you would like us to include in the Android crash reporter that would be helpful? (what about 3drpilots.com handle or email address in case you have questions?)

From what I can tell, there isn't anyone who doesn't like Solex, so if you're going to keep working on development I'm sure we all want to help any way we can. Are there any changes we can make in how we use Solex that will help you as you continue to develop Solex?

Hi Mike,

I hate it when Solex crashes in the hands of a user, so I keep a close eye on the crash reports in the Google Play console. It picks a lot of them up, and is a handy way to see if there are recurring problems. So whenever I see a crash in there, I make sure it's fixed in the next update.

There may be times when it crashes and the crash isn't reported to Google Play. In that case, there's a folder on the device that stores crash logs. That's handy in cases where I can't see the crash in Google Play console. The files in question are at /sdcard/Android/data/com.fognl.solex/files/crash_log, and they're named for the date/time when the crash occurred. If you run into something, ping me and attach the log of the crash. I'll be able to see what's wrong 99% of the time, and fix it.

That said, there have been some crashes that are out of my control. But if there's something I can do about it, I definitely do it. :)

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi Mike,

I hate it when Solex crashes in the hands of a user, so I keep a close eye on the crash reports in the Google Play console. It picks a lot of them up, and is a handy way to see if there are recurring problems. So whenever I see a crash in there, I make sure it's fixed in the next update.

There may be times when it crashes and the crash isn't reported to Google Play. In that case, there's a folder on the device that stores crash logs. That's handy in cases where I can't see the crash in Google Play console. The files in question are at /sdcard/Android/data/com.fognl.solex/files/crash_log, and they're named for the date/time when the crash occurred. If you run into something, ping me and attach the log of the crash. I'll be able to see what's wrong 99% of the time, and fix it.

That said, there have been some crashes that are out of my control. But if there's something I can do about it, I definitely do it. :)

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi
I have ticked the "store in ad card" but solex has not added s folder on my sd card.
What is the best way to overcome this.
Perhaps uncheck the box, format card and try again?
Would this work?

I am asking before hand as I have a few nice videos and photos on there and obviously I would have to save these first.

If this is not the way to go, any chance of a heads up?

Many thanks.

Steve

Hi
I have ticked the "store in ad card" but solex has not added s folder on my sd card.
Would this work?

I am asking before hand as I have a few nice videos and photos on there and obviously I would have to save these first.

If this is not the way to go, any chance of a heads up?

Many thanks.

Steve

My god I should read before I post.

I meant sd card and added a folder I do apologise.

My god I should read before I post.

I meant sd card and added a folder I do apologise.

You can edit posts at any time and if you edit a post within a couple of minutes, it doesn' t matter much. Those who continue to edit old posts that have already been quoted, days before... not so good!

Hi
Would this work?

I think unchecking the box and formatting the SD card would do it. Solex will only copy files to the directory the first time you set the option. More specifically, it will only copy the files if it doesn't see any files in the external directory. So if you format the SD card before turning the option back on, it should copy everything from your internal app directory to the SD card.

Reactions: speatuk
I think unchecking the box and formatting the SD card would do it. Solex will only copy files to the directory the first time you set the option. More specifically, it will only copy the files if it doesn't see any files in the external directory. So if you format the SD card before turning the option back on, it should copy everything from your internal app directory to the SD card.

Thanks I'll give this a go.

(All written without having to edit)

I didn't realise you held on the post and an edit option pops up.

(I'm only a lowly heating engineer, all this technology makes me spin. Lol)

I've never purchased an app in my life. If I purchase Solex, can I install it on multiple devices (that all belong to me alone)? Or do I have to purchase it multiple times to install it on each device?

I've never purchased an app in my life. If I purchase Solex, can I install it on multiple devices (that all belong to me alone)? Or do I have to purchase it multiple times to install it on each device?

Android apps are tied to the account on the phone you use. If you use one account across several phones, all those phones should be able to install it.

Once you've purchased it when you log on to any device using the same email address (so say phone and tablet) then all your apps are available - the purchase is associated with the account not the device. PS It's worth the outlay! Kelly works really hard on this app...just keeps getting better and better.

Hello,

Here is a Solex bug I have been dealing with.

At random times, I will get a popup that says "Can't Play This Video", and when you click OK, it pops up again, over and over. You basically have to force kill the app to make it usable again. This happen during flight once (not fun).

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 inch (2016 version)
Android 5.1.1
Latest Solex version (cant remember the number but I just updated)

Any ideas?

Hi Kelly.

I tried this but still nothing on the card.

I deleted solex, formatted sd card.
Reinstalled solex checked the box but still nothing.

If you have any other help it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hey! Was wondering if there's any plans to implement live streaming through Solex with with Facebook or Instagram? That would be awesome! Thanks!

Four questions re Solex (I hope this is the place to ask Solex questions!):

Is documentation for Solex available -- preferably with screen shots or at least a few GUI images? All of the download links to docs here that go to Facebook storage yield an error message when I log in with my FB credentials. I found one Dropbox link but the result is a subset of what's built into the app.

How do you select or initiate Spot Mode?

Do the A and B buttons on the controller have any effect when using Solex?

In the left side of the Solex window is a Controls button, and just below the battery icon is a "target"-like icon that initiates and announces "Guided" when pressed. What is this about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M