Solex for Solo

I am having a heck of time with the solex app. Every time I close the app and go back and try to open it up it is just black screen. I have to restart my phone to get it back eveytime. It might be my phone. I am using a Samsung note 4 ver 6.0.1
Hi Russell,
uninstall, them reinstall Solex.

I've tried it all ways and given up.
I just use off line maps with a dedicated tablet.
No problems, no interference, no notifications, all works as it should. If I need to go "online" I use another tablet or phone, after I have brought solo back and tether at that point. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same challenge with my Galaxy Tab A (16GB) 8" tablet. The trick was to turn off WiFi on both devices and force my phone (iPhone 7) into Bluetooth tethering mode with the tablet. Then I turned on WiFi on the tablet and connected with Solo. Kinda a pain but it works for me!

I had the same challenge with my Galaxy Tab A (16GB) 8" tablet. The trick was to turn off WiFi on both devices and force my phone (iPhone 7) into Bluetooth tethering mode with the tablet. Then I turned on WiFi on the tablet and connected with Solo. Kinda a pain but it works for me!

Hmmmm

I'll try that.

Thanks [emoji106]

I am trying to get my Samsung Tab E (Freebie from T-Mobile a few months ago) to do follow remote on Solex. I tried bluetooth teathering to get Data from my phone. Solex will connect to my Solo, but I loose the video feed, and if I recall the rest of Solo info, but it will get past the splash screen. Tried rebooting tablet, no help.

OK guys I guess I will be the first one that hates the Solex app. I have been flying for weeks with the solo app and have had not one problem with my solo3d. I keep hearing about the solex app and all the neat things so what the heck I bought it and down hill from there. First eveytime I went away from the solex app and closed it it would lock up next time open. I reloaded the app several times and finally got it to stay up. I made some maps offline and it looked great till first flight with solex. First it would not recognize the go pro but I said I will still fly. I took off and it was great brought it close to me so I could see camera an got very lucky. It all of a sudden took off to the right side and wide open throttle. Lucky it hit a pole and flipped over backward and died. It was not hurt so I went back to the solo app and flew 3 batteries with no problem. Sorry for the long text but had to vent to someone. Thanks for reading.

OK guys I guess I will be the first one that hates the Solex app. I have been flying for weeks with the solo app and have had not one problem with my solo3d. I keep hearing about the solex app and all the neat things so what the heck I bought it and down hill from there. First eveytime I went away from the solex app and closed it it would lock up next time open. I reloaded the app several times and finally got it to stay up. I made some maps offline and it looked great till first flight with solex. First it would not recognize the go pro but I said I will still fly. I took off and it was great brought it close to me so I could see camera an got very lucky. It all of a sudden took off to the right side and wide open throttle. Lucky it hit a pole and flipped over backward and died. It was not hurt so I went back to the solo app and flew 3 batteries with no problem. Sorry for the long text but had to vent to someone. Thanks for reading.
I'm a little skeptical about the App causing a full-throttle right turn...

Reactions: Enoch Leisure
I am not exactly sure about the right turn but it did throttle wide open. I pulled back on the control stick but did nothing. I was hoping the app would work but I had to Uninstall and install it 4 times just to keep it from locking up. Now scared of the app.

I am not exactly sure about the right turn but it did throttle wide open. I pulled back on the control stick but did nothing. I was hoping the app would work but I had to Uninstall and install it 4 times just to keep it from locking up. Now scared of the app.

I'm guessing your tablet isn't completely compatible with Solex. I've had more reliable operation with Solex than the stock 3DR apps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An iOS version would greatly be appreciated.

Personally I think if the choice is between the developer spending time porting Solex to iOS vs continuing improvement or polish on the already existing Android app, I would vote for the latter. It takes a lot of work to port an app and given the choices I think it's a relative waste of limited time.

Reactions: SARDG and BigTulsa
I just purchase the solex app, but every time I use the app, I loose my internet capability.
I have a sony xperia phone Z2 with android 5.0.2.
Does anybody know how to fix it?

I just purchase the solex app, but every time I use the app, I loose my internet capability.
I have a sony xperia phone Z2 with android 5.0.2.
Does anybody know how to fix it?

Hi, I assume you mean you lost internet connectivity when you connect to Solo's wifi. This is expected of course, since your wifi connection is on Solo's wifi. What Solex does (and the 3DR Solo app) is bind its own process to the wifi connection (which is to the Solo). So any internet connectivity has to be provided through 4G, Bluetooth tethering, etc. The rest of the system, crucially, is unaffected. So I'd like to clarify what you mean by "losing internet capability". Solex is definitely not able to deny your entire phone access to the internet. No app is, really.

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi, I assume you mean you lost internet connectivity when you connect to Solo's wifi. This is expected of course, since your wifi connection is on Solo's wifi. What Solex does (and the 3DR Solo app) is bind its own process to the wifi connection (which is to the Solo). So any internet connectivity has to be provided through 4G, Bluetooth tethering, etc. The rest of the system, crucially, is unaffected. So I'd like to clarify what you mean by "losing internet capability". Solex is definitely not able to deny your entire phone access to the internet. No app is, really.

Thanks,
Kelly
Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply.
No, I have a Cellular connectivity, not WiFi.
When, I exit out of solex, and use 3dr app, I have internet again.
I will try another android phone. and see if it has the same issue.

thanks for your reply again.

Reactions: drewjet
Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply.
No, I have a Cellular connectivity, not WiFi.
When, I exit out of solex, and use 3dr app, I have internet again.
I will try another android phone. and see if it has the same issue.

thanks for your reply again.
I'm a bit confused - when you're connected to Solo via wireless, you mean you can't connect to the Internet with cellular?

I'm a bit confused - when you're connected to Solo via wireless, you mean you can't connect to the Internet with cellular?
Yes, when I connect to the Solex app, I cannot connect to the internet via Cellular, Solex app shows that I dont have internet connectivity, but If I use Solo App, I have internet again via Cellular.

I've already done this. However, I"m speaking of having internet connection while the Wifi is connected to Solo via bluetooth tethering. I've not been able to do both.
The original tablet I bought was wifi only, figured I would just connect to my iPhone hotspot. Took that table back and bought an LTE one when I found that Android expected internet over wifi if it was connected and would't allow it on BT. Don't know if it was just on the Samsung and LG tablets that I tried but both were the same. Ended up getting an LG pad with LTE, worth the $10 a month on my plan.

The original tablet I bought was wifi only, figured I would just connect to my iPhone hotspot. ...I found that Android expected internet over wifi if it was connected and would't allow it on BT. Don't know if it was just on the Samsung and LG tablets..
Kelly documents this Samsung behavior in Solex. As I remrmber, LG issues like this have been resolved in LG Setup.

Anyone having issues with the pano mode? Last 2 times I tried a cylinder pano I got vid files instead of jpg. I had the app set in pic mode before opening up the shot and starting. Once started it would flip to video mode and then do it's thing. Is there some other setting I am missing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986