Solex for Solo

Yes, when I connect to the Solex app, I cannot connect to the internet via Cellular, Solex app shows that I dont have internet connectivity, but If I use Solo App, I have internet again via Cellular.

Hallo,
I am having this very same issue which prevents me from using Solex...
Solo App works fine though.
I am using a Galaxy Note Edge.
Is there a solution to this?
Thanks!

unsure about the note 2.
I have solex running on a Note 3, Note 5, Galaxy tab S and a ZTE tablet with no issues.

Does this app allows you to record the HUD to you video too?

but you have the app, I am considering to buy it, could you please share the gopro settings panel screenshot from solex?

I am new to drones, and have just purchased a Solo. Who can resist at $250 a drone!? Anyway, I have realized that I will need a new tablet to work with 3DR's Solo app. But it appears that I also need a tablet with a SIM slot, since I won't be able to access maps in remote areas which require cell coverage to get data. UNDER this assumption, and the need for Android 4.3 or higher, and my desire to use a device with an 8 inch or larger screen...blah..blah..blah... OK, I want an Nvidia Shield K1 - but it has NO SIM slot!! Back to the drawing board.

Finally, my question: Can I download maps into Solex while I am at home near my wifi so I can use them later in the field? I would rather use my perfectly capable and large screen ASUS TF300T tablet. Solex will allow me to do this if it will also run on Android 4.2.1. If not, it would at least let me get the K1 which is very affordable right now.

Thanks,
Chris

The company I work for purchased a Site Scan. The head of the survey department and I were messing around and connected tower to it. Which got us thinking running it using Solex would be awesome. We could never get it to connect, does any one have have any idea if this is even possible?

I am new to drones, and have just purchased a Solo. Who can resist at $250 a drone!? Anyway, I have realized that I will need a new tablet to work with 3DR's Solo app. But it appears that I also need a tablet with a SIM slot, since I won't be able to access maps in remote areas which require cell coverage to get data. UNDER this assumption, and the need for Android 4.3 or higher, and my desire to use a device with an 8 inch or larger screen...blah..blah..blah... OK, I want an Nvidia Shield K1 - but it has NO SIM slot!! Back to the drawing board.

Finally, my question: Can I download maps into Solex while I am at home near my wifi so I can use them later in the field? I would rather use my perfectly capable and large screen ASUS TF300T tablet. Solex will allow me to do this if it will also run on Android 4.2.1. If not, it would at least let me get the K1 which is very affordable right now.

Thanks,
Chris

I don't own one but the Shield is very popular with the Solo crowd.
You don't need a tablet with a sim slot. You can pre-fetch maps if you plan ahead. If that doesn't work out for you, just tether with your phone over Bluetooth if you want live internet.

Reactions: Crobar
The company I work for purchased a Site Scan. The head of the survey department and I were messing around and connected tower to it. Which got us thinking running it using Solex would be awesome. We could never get it to connect, does any one have have any idea if this is even possible?

Strange.

Can you connect to the standard solo app?

If you can then you use the same wifi and password.

On sitescan do you connect to it via udp the same as Tower?

Does Solex do flight playback? Also can you download your telemetry logs right from the app?

Strange.

Can you connect to the standard solo app?

If you can then you use the same wifi and password.

On sitescan do you connect to it via udp the same as Tower?
It doesn't appear to, but Tower will using udp. Site scan connects just like the normal solo app and it looks just like tower.

so does anyone have any guesses or clue's as to what this next huge feature is that Kelly is working on for an upcoming update to Solex?
I'm curious as hell
:)

I am hoping it is a port to other companion computers so PH 2.1 DIY flyers can fly with a solo controller and features

Kelly Schrock shared a link.
1 hr
OK, this is the release I've been working on for a month or so. Cue the drum roll....

Missions

(Cue the trumpets, I guess, here.)

One note right up front: This is an extra-cost paid feature addition to Solex. The idea here isn't to try and soak users for more money. It's to make absolutely certain that if you want to use Missions,
you're committed enough to the idea that you go to the extra trouble of paying for it in order to get access to it. There are other "advanced" features in Solex that have disclaimers in front of them, like Flight Profiles. For the most part, that has worked out pretty well. But I have been contacted by few people who say things like "My 3RD Phantom thingy that my mom got me for christmas flew into a pond all by itself using ur app, used Flight Profiles, I'm a expurt, durr". Missions are more likely to cause chaos in the hands of someone like that than anything else in the app. So the idea of making it a paid feature is to replace conversations like the one above with conversations along the lines of "I'm not buying it, it's extra cost". (TBH, users who don't buy a feature are pretty darn easy to support.)

Anyway, if you don't want to buy it, it's totally understandable. Just wanted to clarify why Solex is suddenly asking you to pay for a new feature. It's for your own protection.
1f603.png
:-D

Anyway, I think it's kind of a cool thing. I'd been trying to think of a twist for missions, so it wouldn't just be a cover version of missions in Tower. So with Solex missions, you get the ability to
assign "actions" to waypoints (set LEDs, tilt the gimbal, run a command, etc), name missions, record them from a flight path, etc. There's more coming, like some improvements to the editor, survey capability, etc. Plus the normal mission actions (set ROI, change speed, etc.) The majority of the video I recorded was from the GoPro on the Solo, so there's a lot of videos of it staring at my car while it flies around a big field. Missions make it pretty easy to make the same video over and over, so the videos I have a pretty repetitive.

I'm planning to make some more videos about using it, but for now, here's a video of mission editing and looking at it in the Missions layer. (Note, this is on the debug build of Solex, so you won't actually see a "GENERATE" menu item or the "(d)" on the app's title.
1f642.png
:) )

More videos are coming, hopefully in the next few days.

https://youtu.be/bivdPoBzk0k

https://youtu.be/2O-le39nJs0

Solex Missions editing demo

Short clip showing basic mission editing in Solex.
YOUTUBE.COM

very cool. I just watched the video. Seems pretty intuitive once you do it a few times.
Did he mention a price point?

I'm not on Facebook so I can't see his postings there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44