Solex for Solo

Do you need the global to control the camera with Solex. I just got a 3DR Solo and the standard app isn't compatible with my phone, so I purchased Solex and plugged my gopro hero 4 up to the Solo and I can't control the camera. I don't have the gimbal, was just curious if it was needed?

Do you need the global to control the camera with Solex. I just got a 3DR Solo and the standard app isn't compatible with my phone, so I purchased Solex and plugged my gopro hero 4 up to the Solo and I can't control the camera. I don't have the gimbal, was just curious if it was needed?
You can View Feed from camera, But all the other setting require a gimbal.

Hi Kelly

Just following on from the recent request for a search function on google maps in the geofence part of the app, can you also extend it on the next version to making the geofence map a hybrid map, so street names, POI's (like schools, shopping facilities and public transport stations) and actual house numbers also come up. At the moment it is satellite only with no other information available and no apparent way to change it to a hybrid map. I promise if you do that for us, I wont ask about more map stuff again...

:):):)

Charlie.

So I read through the whole thread but didn't notice anything about it, but is there any chance that Solex might be coming to iOS? If not, what is the best cheap Android tablet for me to use solely with the controller and Solo?

Not coming to IOS in the foreseable future
Tablets best suited for but not limited to, Nexus or Nvidia Shield

Still need to test again bit Galaxy Tab A is an option too at $90.
I ended up returning mine yesterday since it would lock up when using the 3dr app. Didn't try it with Solex.
I just went back to the Nexus 7 2013. It works though quite often the buttons don't work on Solex when you tap them. I don't think that a Solex issue.

I just gave it a short ground test tonight at home with the stock app and it seemed to work just fine on my Tab A. I have yet to buy Solex because I'm not flying enough yet but fully intend to once spring comes around. I have some credit so I might just bite the bullet and give it a go.

When did it lock up on you? Was it after prolonged flight or use? I'm using a H4B for video and have record to roll or whatever option and the others both checked too.

I just gave it a short ground test tonight at home with the stock app and it seemed to work just fine on my Tab A. I have yet to buy Solex because I'm not flying enough yet but fully intend to once spring comes around. I have some credit so I might just bite the bullet and give it a go.

When did it lock up on you? Was it after prolonged flight or use? I'm using a H4B for video and have record to roll or whatever option and the others both checked too.
I was about 2 or 3 minutes into the flight. The record to roll was off. No other apps were running that I know of. It was a fresh start from power up. I closed the other apps before flight.
You can see the point where it crashed on the video @ around 3:55. I was following a couple of riders in some sand dunes when it locked up. I over flew them blind and just pulled it back. The app started again after less than a minute or so. I too am running a H4B.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

What size Tab A are you using?

I ended up returning mine yesterday since it would lock up when using the 3dr app. Didn't try it with Solex.
I just went back to the Nexus 7 2013. It works though quite often the buttons don't work on Solex when you tap them. I don't think that a Solex issue.
Don, do you have a screen protector on your Nexus? I was having the same problem with Solex. I had an old screen protector and when I put a new one on, Solex got much better. Still have occasional times when a button takes several taps.

No, no screen protector. Just the cover that opens and closes like a book. Nothing touches the digitizer/screen. Did you notice it on the 3dr app?

yes I also feel the select button has an issue, multiple times I have tried to select a smart shot and it has simply not responded, and then I have had to go back to the 3DR app to get the shot, after setting back down and restarting the whole kit and caboodle again. about the only gripe I have with Solex, but as I am not sure of the root cause of this, thought best to see what happens over the course of the next update or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus