Solex App for Android Rocks!

I wonder what the Black Friday sale price will be in n November? I'll bet they will be dumping them to clear space for the Karma and Mavic.

Yup,
I've been close to hitting that install button quite a few times. I'm waiting to see more reviews. So far the 33 look positive for this app.

The orbits tighter? That isn't the app, that's all in the GPS. Same with all the other functions like, follow me, return to me, all part of the GPS.
actually Kelly can weigh in but I don't believe he is using GPS for the orbit POI. that is why in the docs it recommends the most optimal angles,

I cant describe it other than to say, using solex on a nexus 9 dedicated to solo the POI would drift off center.
with IOS I locked that POI just locked and could not be shaken off target

I'm sure you know that a Tower like app available for iOS now.
I like Solex for several reasons, many new features, Fast updates & Knowing the programer.
& in a small way telling Chris Anderson that we have survived his bad business dealing/decisions.

With the onslaught of third party hardware, Mods coming out of our ears & are very own Android programer "Kelly Schrock" well, need i say more? maybe Buying Solo's for $379 worth mentioning.
14 months ago, many here made a expensive decision, & today, we are still reaping benefits for our Solo(s)
Everyone take a bow & pat yourself on the back.
there are actually two now, and while they are awesome they have not reached tower power yet

Yup,
I've been close to hitting that install button quite a few times. I'm waiting to see more reviews. So far the 33 look positive for this app.

You really can't go wrong. Really, it's the best way we can keep development alive for the Solo. Consider the purchase paying it forward. Kelly is really responsive and easy to communicate with. If you have any specific needs, your input is taken seriously and if possible, acted on.

cb611e1ecc4c2da61be86d8945452c40.jpg

Reactions: SARDG
Lol...exactly...but t I want to m8n GPS too. This damn hobby is a never ending money pit.

yeah there is no way this thing gets a 1, I would rate it a 4 minimum.
and throw in the last star just because the guy is totally rocking updates and community involvement

Maybe the poster thought a 1 was the highest. I couldn't see the review.

Yes, the Nexus 7 (2013) is recommended by Kelly and has worked well for me from day 1. You can still find them for $80-150 new/used. They also have one of the brightest screens, and being a Nexus run pure android without a 3rd party manufacturer's skin over it to cause compatibility issues.

So I'm guessing the Nexus 7 to which you refer is the Asus Nexus 7 Linux platform? I'm leaning towards getting something dedicated for Solo use, and if you are seeing them for $80-$150 help a brother out LINK ME! please ;)

So I'm guessing the Nexus 7 to which you refer is the Asus Nexus 7 Linux platform? I'm leaning towards getting something dedicated for Solo use, and if you are seeing them for $80-$150 help a brother out LINK ME! please ;)

Hyper,

You may want to consider the Nvidia Shield. Built in screen recorder and HDMI out for external display or goggles. I use that and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I love them.

Jerry

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-8...1476361620&sr=8-3&keywords=nvidia+shield&th=1

I got mine from a Pawn shop for around 60-70 bucks like new. I see quite a few of them on Craigslist too.

My understanding is that you need the cellular version to use the on board GPS of your device. Is anyone doing something different just checking before I leap! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea