Software Update - Version 2.4.0

Apple Apps store or Google Play app store...always. This is new Apps + new firmware bunched together.... as always

I think he's referring to the user manual itself and not the firmware. It would be handy to have some official document detailing how to use each feature safely and the limitations and behaviors of each.

I think he's referring to the user manual itself and not the firmware. It would be handy to have some official document detailing how to use each feature safely and the limitations and behaviors of each.
Oops my bad, so sorry. I was speed reading.

Oops my bad, so sorry. I was speed reading.

No worries. I realized someone answered the question earlier too.

I'm excited for all the new features! I can't wait to head home to try them out.

This is NOT boat mode. Return to Me is useful if you happen to be on a boat (or otherwise moving). However I don't believe any of this includes the functions take off from a moving or otherwise unstable vehicle.

It's really dumb for companies to release versions to different os's at different times. They should all be released when they are all complete so everything is the same for everyone at the same time. All they are going to do is cause confusion and piss people off. Would it be so hard to wait a day or two or a week or however long it takes to release the iOS version until they complete the Android version, or vice versa?

I hope people with android flood 3dr with complaints.

Reactions: bigDavid
I agree. Although if they released Android first, I would probably snicker, laugh, and enjoy it.

It's really dumb for companies to release versions to different os's at different times. They should all be released when they are all complete so everything is the same for everyone at the same time. All they are going to do is cause confusion and piss people off. Would it be so hard to wait a day or two or a week or however long it takes to release the iOS version until they complete the Android version, or vice versa?

I hope people with android flood 3dr with complaints.

I'm not sure if you're trolling but they're unique in that they need to update multiple apps at once. The delay is on Google and Apple with their staggered push for updates. As stated before in another thread, this is to prevent a massive influx of users updating all at once which could cause a denial of service. This is completely out of 3DR's control especially since no one knows what the time line is for a complete roll out.

Reactions: Marty Westguard
Tamj, I don't think that's the issue here. We all know about the staggered availability in the google and apples stores by now. The issue here is I don't believe 3DR has even completed the Android version yet.

Tamj, I don't think that's the issue here. We all know about the staggered availability in the google and apples stores by now. The issue here is I don't believe 3DR has even completed the Android version yet.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What makes you say the Android version is incomplete?

Reactions: Solo Keith
Me trolling lol. They haven't released it because it's not finished as their main Android dev quit 2 weeks ago. So they went ahead and released the iOS version instead of waiting for its android counterpart to be completed.

And as you know, ios and android are 2 totally separate ecosystems using completely different servers. There is no DOS in that scenario if they released them both at the same time. Sure, each service staggers releases by region to avoid false positive DDOS attacks, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this.

And no, it IS totally within 3DRs control to release both versions simultaneously to Apple and Google when they are both complete. Will they be made available by Apple and Google immediately at the same time for each region? No, but it's usually within a few hours of each other or max a day or two for all previous updates. But that only happens if both apps are submitted for review at the same time.

Reactions: Solo Keith
This is NOT boat mode. Return to Me is useful if you happen to be on a boat (or otherwise moving). However I don't believe any of this includes the functions take off from a moving or otherwise unstable vehicle.
Understood. Thank you.

BOAT mode...kinda.
With the un-even surface now gets re-calibration by Solo, maybe if the sea is calm we can take off from a non-steel boat in MANUAL mode.

I tested tilted position. One side both legs up by 2 inch. Auto calibration takes place and ready to fly in MANUAL. No GPS signal in my room. After that, handholding the Solo, I tested 10 degrees shaky shaky movement simulating a wave on a boat, the Solo did not trigger any alarm and I can arm the motor. If I do like 20+ degrees shake, then the UNEVEN surface alarm pops out again.

Then this comes to mind....
If say this automatic calibration is done NOT at very good level surface, will Solo while in flight knows the true flat level after take off ?
Or is there a master calibration we can do for a true FLAT SURFACE and thereafter the automatic calibration for un-even surface before take off is automatically re-calculated while in flight and Solo self correct itself to the true FLAT horizon ?

I'm not sure if you're trolling but they're unique in that they need to update multiple apps at once. The delay is on Google and Apple with their staggered push for updates. As stated before in another thread, this is to prevent a massive influx of users updating all at once which could cause a denial of service. This is completely out of 3DR's control especially since no one knows what the time line is for a complete roll out.
@PdxSteve is a good guy, been here a long time. Not a troll.:)

BOAT mode...kinda.
With the un-even surface now gets re-calibration by Solo, maybe if the sea is calm we can take off from a non-steel boat in MANUAL mode.

I tested tilted position. One side both legs up by 2 inch. Auto calibration takes place and ready to fly in MANUAL. No GPS signal in my room. After that, handholding the Solo, I tested 10 degrees shaky shaky movement simulating a wave on a boat, the Solo did not trigger any alarm and I can arm the motor. If I do like 20+ degrees shake, then the UNEVEN surface alarm pops out again.

Then this comes to mind....
If say this automatic calibration is done NOT at very good level surface, will Solo while in flight knows the true flat level after take off ?
Or is there a master calibration we can do for a true FLAT SURFACE and thereafter the automatic calibration for un-even surface before take off is automatically re-calculated while in flight and Solo self correct itself to the true FLAT horizon ?
I think if Solo is level calibrated on a "level-enough" surface it will compensate in flight by using GPS to adjust its position if it finds itself drifting say, while in a hover.

Have no idea how it will behave if it calibrates and allows manual take-off it one side is ,say, two inches higher. Hopefully someone will test & report back.

@PdxSteve is a good guy, been here a long time. Not a troll.:)

I know he's a good guy. :) Good people can occasionally troll too though but it was just a misunderstanding on my part. This time. :p

As for the auto calibration, I'm going to guess that they're only accounting for the offset based off of the master calibration. If that's not the case, what would happen if you DO put it on a stable level surface?

Reactions: cameraguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M