Software Update - Version 2.4.0

de31236e78b9a55b7eff0d0bc80893e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi the 2.4.0 is all good but how do you see the changes on your phone or tablet still looks the samen

Sorry sorry guys.
My android got the FIRMWARE 2.4.0 , but Android store does not have 2.4.0 Apps yet.
So now my Solo is updated, but not my Android Apps.... ha ha ha.

In Apple store I am seeing 2.4.0 Apps and is dowloading and will try later. Damn, I feel like an Idiot. Sorry.

Apple Apps store or Google Play app store...always. This is new Apps + new firmware bunched together.... as always

He is referring to the user manual. Not the app.

And good question about the user manual. It would be good if 3DR does have an updated manual ready for release day. That's how a well polished company should do things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for android users there is no new app. there is only a solo firmware that fixes MPCC and some other issues. YOU don't get a new app or the new features for now.
Still it is worth downloading to get the new firmware
For IOS you get new app and firmware

I noticed this new update after controller booting message always say calibrating sensors, is this normal becoz in previous version not like this

for android users there is no new app. there is only a solo firmware that fixes MPCC and some other issues. YOU don't get a new app or the new features for now.
How do I no how to use new features.

Pyrate, did you update the FW through Android? I did the update and controller and Solo are now on 2.4, but the Solo app or Tower will not connect. Did a re-install on Tower, services and Solo app, but still won't connect to Solo. Solo shows ready to fly through controller and I got 11 sats sitting in my office. I'm thinking since none of the apps will connect to Solo that it is a 3DR services issue and probably needs an update, but I don't see one yet.

Pyrate, did you update the FW through Android? I did the update and controller and Solo are now on 2.4, but the Solo app or Tower will not connect. Did a re-install on Tower, services and Solo app, but still won't connect to Solo. Solo shows ready to fly through controller and I got 11 sats sitting in my office. I'm thinking since none of the apps will connect to Solo that it is a 3DR services issue and probably needs an update, but I don't see one yet.
Mine no problem in tower connected fine im using android

How do I use new features on my stupid android when they don't show them
Android version of the SW is not out yet. Only the FW for the Solo and Controller. There will be an app update on Android soon.

Reactions: bjswx
Guys, this isn't complicated. The new software has not been released for Android yet. Relax.

Reactions: bjswx
Tried the new software after updating with my iPhone. Like the geofence, but wish it had a few additional options. Wish I could add additional points to the fence. Also wish I could invert the fence, to be able to draw exclusion areas rather than a box to stay inside of. Still a cool feature. Tried the reverse feature, could be handy. Tried the pano feature, but have not turned the image into a pano yet will compare Pano for solo software to one created with DronePan Solo. I believe DronePan Solo may have more features but the solo completes the pano faster. Tried the Zipline feature, again could be very useful. Still trying to figure out how to control the altitude of the zip-line if it is not locked. Overall a nice new set of functions!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M