Software Update - Version 2.4.0

mine never update yet im waiting someone to test i cant afford to lose my bird lol

de31236e78b9a55b7eff0d0bc80893e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RolandS888
wow i like the AR function you will know where you standing at hehe

Sounds good but don't we already have "return to me"? Home button?

That's 'Return to Land', looks like 'Return to Me' comes and hovers over Me.

That's great for me when I'm flying at one of our local surf spots. There is one car park that is meant for busses and I use it to take off from, but it is also the spot that everyone comes and parks in for a few minutes while they check the surf.

I've been hoping that there would never been a RTL incident. Now I don't have to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Solo does RTL, you can stop it from descending by pressing FLY. Then it will hover there.

The home point is the take off point, if you walk away and press home it doesnt return to you, it goes to the home (take off) point, there is a diference
Ohh- good point. I didn't catch that. You get a gold star tonight Roland!

Ha!!!!!
Told you that the update limit time was June 15th!!!!!!!
Colin said so in his last webinar.
Remember my post!?????

Reactions: Solo Keith
Return to HOME brings it back to where it took off. Return to ME bring it back to the current GPS location of your phone/tablet. So you can move somewhere else and it will return to you rather than the spot it took off from.

I downloaded and install on my Solo n controller, no problem like last update where it kept repeating to update. All good.
FLY ? no, me cant fly in my area... too many buildings. So cant verify if it will crash my Solo or not.... LOL

ADD:
I tried for fun, no propellers, to take off MANUAL while Solo is tilted abit...to simulate uneven ground.
First it said UNEVEN SURFACE, later it starts calibration and then I am allowed to Fly MANUAL.
I think this was not possible in previous firmware, if I recall correctly.

a1.JPG a2.JPG a3.JPG a4.JPG a5.JPG

Last edited:
Question: Where can I download the latest user manual for version 2.4, as the 3DR site only has the version 2.3?

Thanks in advance...

Apple Apps store or Google Play app store...always. This is new Apps + new firmware bunched together.... as always

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421