SidePilot iOS GCS for Solo, PX4 and APM

Reaction score
Website
sidepilot.net
Hi guys!

SidePilot version 1.20 has just been released with some great new features, including Solo video!
  • Solo video support - Including GoPro shutter/mode control!
  • Follow Me - Follows your iOS Device
  • Pre-Flight checklist current weather (wind & temp) - Gives you the most current weather information for your location including which direction the wind is going
  • Grid Waypoints - You can now plot a survey grid with shutter control!

You can get it in the App Store now!

If you have any questions please ask here or on the forums over at sidepilot.net

Thanks!
Tom

Just downloaded sidepilot because of the mess that is the 3DR Solo app. I bought an iPhone 7 Plus the other day and updated the latest IOS software (10.3). Neither less to say the 3DR Solo app stopped working. 3DR after sales support is shite and so I was about to start thinking about a Mavic Pro. Read on this forum about "sidepilot" which works on IOS. I dropped Tom a line asking if the rumour about live video support coming soon was true. He informed me it already up and running. I downloaded sidepilot and it works! Tom was very quick to respond to my initial e-mail and a follow up. No idesa where he is based but I am in Southern Africa and so if he is in the States he answered when anyone else would be fast asleep. Very happy with the app and not needing to drop $1300 on the Mavic Pro package. Thanks Tom - life saver!

Hi guys!

SidePilot version 1.20 has just been released with some great new features, including Solo video!
  • Solo video support - Including GoPro shutter/mode control!
  • Follow Me - Follows your iOS Device
  • Pre-Flight checklist current weather (wind & temp) - Gives you the most current weather information for your location including which direction the wind is going
  • Grid Waypoints - You can now plot a survey grid with shutter control!

You can get it in the App Store now!

If you have any questions please ask here or on the forums over at sidepilot.net

Thanks!
Tom
Tom,
Bought the app to get my new Solo off the ground. Is there a PDF Manual anywhere. I would like to read how the app works instead of trial and error.
Mark

Tom,
Bought the app to get my new Solo off the ground. Is there a PDF Manual anywhere. I would like to read how the app works instead of trial and error.
Mark

Hi Mark!

I have just created a User Manual, you can get it from the main website here or from the forums in the How-To section.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Mark!

I have just created a User Manual, you can get it from the main website here or from the forums in the How-To section.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Tom

The link goes to the user manual correct.

But it only displays the cover page.

ff510abf2bdb4a4c568529f5569625a3.jpg

So, let me get this straight. Is this something similar to Solex but for iOS products?

Hi!

SidePilot is similar to Solex, however we support all APM/PX4 drones, not just solo.

The link goes to the user manual correct.

This is an issue with iOS devices, please
Visit the forums How-to section for a downloadable version which will work on iOS.

Yes. I just loaded and tried it. Having a problem with the Live Video Stream Freezing up though at times.

Thanks David, I saw your forum post and will be looking into this.

Reactions: speatuk
Hey Tom
I understand that live solo vid are now viewable with this app but the description on the App Store still states that live solo feeds are not supported. Please let me for sure before I purchase this app thanks Richard

Hey Tom
I understand that live solo vid are now viewable with this app but the description on the App Store still states that live solo feeds are not supported. Please let me for sure before I purchase this app thanks Richard

Thanks for letting me know Richard, I'll update the App Store description, must have missed that! We definitely support Solo video!

Cheers!
Tom

Love the product, but it is not solex, closer to tower for IOS correct?

More like Tower in that it gives you more advanced control over settings and is compatible with Arducopter and PX4, however I am currently working on integrating custom smart shots to make it more user friendly and for the basic users out there.

Reactions: Wetstone and pyrate
Tom
I also have an older iPad that does not have cell phone abilities. Will it work with your app. If not why not? Thanks

Tom
I also have an older iPad that does not have cell phone abilities. Will it work with your app. If not why not? Thanks

SidePilot doesn't require cell capabilities (only does if you want to use follow me mode as the non cell iPads do not have GPS, but that can be fixed by tethering to a cell device.

As long as you are running iOS 9+ your fine

SidePilot doesn't require cell capabilities (only does if you want to use follow me mode as the non cell iPads do not have GPS, but that can be fixed by tethering to a cell device.

As long as you are running iOS 9+ your fine

Yes it has iOS 9.3.5..

I also see where you made the change in the description.

Thanks

Reactions: Daigoro
Version 1.22 has just been released!

New features include:
  • Offline and saving waypoints!
  • Video and pictures save to camera roll!
  • New shots system, button on the bottom left brings up the shots view (in landscape only)
  • Revised video stream view. Only in one place, can be made full screen by triple tapping the video in landscape mode. Can declutter the screen by swiping in from the right edge.
  • Cable Cam
  • And more!
See an updated user manual here

Any questions ask below or on the forums at SidePilot Forum - Forum

I’m a fairly new Solo pilot, having owned my drone for about 7 months. I purchased a copy of SidePilot because I am anticipating upgrading to OpenSolo. I flew my Solo this weekend using the stock IOS application from 3DR, it worked perfectly as it always does. I decided to try SidePilot, to get my feet wet with the new application.

I followed what I thought was the proper sequence, established communication with the Solo, completed the pre-flight checklist, “Armed” Solo and the motors spun up. It seemed as if Solo at this point was in “manual” mode, meaning I could adjust the speed of the motors using the left stick. I then changed the mode to “take off” and pushed the “take off button”... the motors immediately shut down.

Did this 4 or 5 Times, same result each time. I have missed something but I’m not sure what...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo