Reaction score
Made Maiden flight today of new BB Solo. Gimbal installed....no camera attached for first flight. Flight went very well. Solo performed well on Med speed, Kept GPS control on.....9 sats. However, when I got to 25% on battery, I decided not to push my luck on first flight and attempted "Return Home" feature. Pushed button, felt transmitter vibrate for a sec, but the Copter stayed right where it was.......had to land manually.
Anyone seeing this problem? If so, what's the fix? Thanks

Hope you didnt ruin your gimbal flying it empty
It either lost GPS or never left the ground with a lock

Hmm,, at 25% battery the transmitter will shake to warn you you're getting low. Are you positive you hit RTH instead of pause?
Not trying to discredit ur skills but if this is a new bird for you it's easy to do.

Don.

Reactions: pyrate
Hmm,, at 25% battery the transmitter will shake to warn you you're getting low. Are you positive you hit RTH instead of pause?
Not trying to discredit ur skills but if this is a new bird for you it's easy to do.

Don.
Well Don, I didn't have my glasses on. However, I could still make out the button okay. I do have a rookie question......does the transmitter tell you when the sat search/Lock has completed?

I know you guys are getting flooded with new users due to the Best Buy sale. I must admit, I'm in that club. This is my first quad, and I have limited RC experience, so I appreciate you guys helping a rookie out. There is much to learn. I just need to log more flying time. Thanks

Reactions: Droned4lyfe
Well guys, made my 3rd flight today......nothing long, 5 minutes. I removed the gimbal and replaced the basic gimbal until Hero4 silver arrives..............SAME PROBLEM, return home button not functioning. I get the same short vibration, but nothing happens. GPS lock is maintained, because solo stops and holds position with no controls activated. 11 Sats on this flight.........quad has never been crashed or down. I need a way to test this feature..........any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you feel a tactile response from the button? Perhaps the button isn't actuation.
There was some banter about things like buttons sticking. I know on mine I don't always feel the pop of the on off button when I press it.

where is the copter when you are doing this?
Is it out away from you?

There is a cone around home that if you hit RTH in that cone it would appear to be doing nothing for a bit

Might want to take some video.
What you are describing does not make sense
if you hit home, and the controller vibrated that would indicate the that button push was successful, else why would it vibrate
Did you mess with any of the RTH settings?

are you using the Solo App? What are the return to home settings?
1) Return Home Altitude xxx
2) After Reaching Home (Land or Hover)
3) Return to (Launch or Me)

where is the copter when you are doing this?
Is it out away from you?

There is a cone around home that if you hit RTH in that cone it would appear to be doing nothing for a bit

Might want to take some video.
What you are describing does not make sense
if you hit home, and the controller vibrated that would indicate the that button push was successful, else why would it vibrate
Did you mess with any of the RTH settings?
Pyrate, re your tag line. I often ask my wife "Why is the Rum gone?", She usually says I had it last.

Exact same issue here, press the button and I get a quick vibration and return home shows up on the controller for less than a second but the feature doesn't work. The drone lights alternate flashing and manual controls don't work until I press return home again but the drone just stays in place. GPS lock went fine before takeoff and I haven't had any other issues. Any advice?

After an hour with chat support going through a factory reset and trying my iPad instead of my phone I still have the same issue, they said to ho exchange it

Exact same issue here, press the button and I get a quick vibration and return home shows up on the controller for less than a second but the feature doesn't work. The drone lights alternate flashing and manual controls don't work until I press return home again but the drone just stays in place. GPS lock went fine before takeoff and I haven't had any other issues. Any advice?
I hear you. Same issue with mine too. The controller vibrates, Return to home shows up hardly for a second and nothing happens. So the only way out is to exchange?

Last edited:
I hear you. Same issue with mine too. The controller vibrates, Return to home shows up hardly for a second and nothing happens. So the only way out is to exchange?
I'm not sure what to tell you, I exchanged mine today and still have the same issue with the new one. Is anyone else experiencing this? Could it be a problem with a recent update?

Thought I'd ask. I have been flying the 3DR till now without the camera. I got my Hero 4 today. After attaching the camera to the mount, and after starting solo, I now notice a satellite view of my location in the upper right corner of my screen in the live video feed of the 3DR app (something i've never seen before). It has four corners and allows me to adjust the perimeter of my location. I tried this indoors and it's too late for me to fly and test now. But what I'm thinking is the 'Return to home' may likely work once I fly with the cam installed. I will update this thread after I test this tomorrow. Meanwhile any similar experience for anyone?

Got mine from BB last week and RTH works fine with iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine from BB last week and RTH works fine with iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you press RTH, does it "return home" display on the controller as it comes back, do the drone flights slowly rotate flashing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc